Sometimes one picture is worth a thousand words.

Do you give a flying rat's ass about the current NFL draft picks process?

Poll ended at Wed May 01, 2024 7:01 pm

Yes.
No votes
No.
80%
What the hell is an "NFL Draft"? I never heard of it.
20%

Total votes: 5

SaiGirl

Sometimes one picture is worth a thousand words.

Unread post by SaiGirl »

QUOTE. (From An0maly on Facebook)
==============================
My first thought is: I wonder how many “men” that traveled there for this sent their kid off to college like: “I’m sorry about this weird vaccine mandate that you have to follow in order to get your college degree because Big Pharma has swallowed up both parties including the Republican guy Daddy is a fan of… but Daddy has a football game to watch! Good luck and hopefully you crush it in school this year!”
=================================================================
UNQUOTE

Oh yeah. My sentiments exactly.
Went out for some ribs the other day and caught this on the telescreens above the bar.
Blows my mind that this would attract crowds like that. Like who the f cares?

That football team is a private corporate profit center for its owners. The league and team are publicly subsidized by tax dollars, through Federal "arrangements" (Congressional bills) that exempt the NFL from most regular Federal taxes.
Their stadium was probably built by a local or state taxpayer funded bond issue.
Players and coaches are bought, sold or traded on the open market.
The team could pick up and move across country overnight (like Irsay did with the Colts here in Balt.).
And they can hijack the name "Lions" to whatever new market they move the team to.
Meanwhile, Detroit as a city, suffers and decays.
This is nothing but post-imperial decadence, in all its glory.
These fans may think they do it all for love of the sport or "home team" spirit.
In truth, they are simlpy worshipping at the altar of Mammon. Like any good pagan.
Attachments
NFL.jpeg
Dave K.

Re: Sometimes one picture is worth a thousand words.

Unread post by Dave K. »

Modern photo of bread and circuses.