Intros

The members of this site
fakeologist
Site Admin

Intros

Post by fakeologist »

If you're on this board, please provide a brief bio of your fakeologist experience. :roll:
fakeologist
Site Admin

Re: Intros

Post by fakeologist »

Welcome Peter S.!
Peter also made a generous monthly donation commitment.

My pleasure, Ab -- thank YOU!! It took me long enough to do this (I've lurked at fakeologist.com for many months, and have been addicted to the podcasts since March).
By the way, I heard you joke on a recent audio chat that you were considered a "hero" as a truck driver. But you actually ARE a hero for your groundbreaking and unduplicated efforts as the Fakeologist, doing amazingly thorough and transparent work, spending untold time and money, and going against every counter-intel technique the Leviathan can muster (short of giving up the game and showing its face). You would probably just attribute it to stubbornness, ab irato; but you're a hero to all of us struggling to build a new internal model of reality, having lost most of our old illusions, and working on losing those that remain.

You ask on the website for my 9/11 story. When it happened, I was in the second year of getting a PhD in music at UC Berkeley (yes, I was a lifelong leftist in 2001; it's really only this year that I feel completely free of the left-right paradigm). The only thing I doubted about the official narrative at the time was the obvious bait and switch of accusing Iraq, which I already knew was a war target of the Cheney/Rumsfeld/Perle/Wolfowitz  administration (from reading the New Yorker and listening to left-wing radio -- KPFA and the Pacifica network, my main news sources at the time). Although I looked into various alternative explanations for the event over the subsequent years, it wasn't really until 2015, when I heard (again on KPFA, surprisingly enough, since its programming is generally quite ideologically unified) Christopher Bollyn interviewed on Bonnie Faulkner's show, Guns and Butter (which was later dropped by Pacifica, although it may be back on now). It was this interview that opened the floodgates for me, and I entered the "inflation" stage of awakening, in which I proselytized to everyone I knew at a fever pitch, and lost some friends and even broke family ties -- you may have heard that one before.

Of course, Bollyn's work focuses on detailing the structure of the coverup, and is generally thought to be in opposition to Simon Shack's work, although there is actually little in Bollyn's books that is incompatible with a no-planes model, and I still consider his research invaluable as a piece of the puzzle. Since 2015 I've been obsessed with gathering and vetting of insights into the meta-deception that constitutes modern life -- at least.

In addition to being a musician, I'm a software developer (which I just got into a few years ago, after a career teaching music -- I'm 53), and I'm finally starting to think seriously on an idea I first had decades ago (early 2001, in fact), to build an online service for crowd-sourcing and consolidating the best arguments on multiple sides of issues (with source citations), in ways that correspond as closely point-for-point as possible, juxtaposing as full as possible a range of competing claims being made, and their logical relationships, so that more comprehensive perspectives on the issues might be reached. I'm not sure it would be feasible just as I'm describing it, but I'm trying to work out what might work in this regard; you can see why your own work inspires me so much: the sole goal of honest inquiry is my ideal, as well.

I just signed up on Fakeotube with username "taburasa" -- may I have that username on fakeologist.com, as well? I'll try to sign up as taburasa on the discord server, too.

Thanks again!
Peter

Also, I discovered fakeologist.com either through a reference by JLB or Piece of Mindful -- not sure which -- last September, or so. -P

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk