sound clips workflow

Use this forum to test its features not, to create posts to be looked at.
rachel

sound clips workflow

Unread post by rachel »

@fakeologist, if I wanted to embed some audio into this forum, what would be your suggested workflow?

I'm dubious linking youtube videos when it's actually only the audio that is of interest, and I've actually been looking at transcript software, I was wondering if there was anything that could automatically convert youtube transcript format into paragraphs. It seems sites that analysing audio are better as they can punctuate.

I tried one - happy scribe - which was pretty darn good, but it's aimed at professionals, so has a professional pricing. This one, otter, seems acceptable, have to have a paid account to transcribe uploaded files, but you can just record from your computer's audio playing, 600 minutes a month for free, then you can download the text file transcript . I think editing online comes with the paid plan, but I can share my test file that has recording and transcript.

https://otter.ai/u/5OJrE2A5Peb-lAetp8nPlRsn6_g

downloaded text:
Unknown Speaker
You are watching in video watch the deputy prime minister and supremo of all things financial and banking. Chrystia Freeland, who is through those very own nodding dog dog. Trudeau here is talking with a straight face actually about the removal of people's rights in Ukraine by Putin's so called invasion and listened to him talking about authoritarianism.

Unknown Speaker
Canada and our allies will defend democracy. We are taking these actions today to stand against authoritarianism. The people of Ukraine, like all people must be free to determine their own future. We will continue working with our international partners to safeguard Ukraine's territorial integrity and prevent further Russian aggression.

Unknown Speaker
The hypocrisy there is duck talking. We do often say that Mike but this one's off the charts I'll move swiftly on because I know we're pressed for time. So in the context of that, let's have a look at the emergency measures regulations that has been much to do about in Canada because parliament has been prevailed upon to vote for them. Of course, the Duma also voted unilaterally for recognition of the Donbass republics and we're told that this was bullying but not when Canada gets the same results through its parliament with Trudeau saying if you vote against the government, the only reason possible is that you don't trust us to take the difficult decisions. Anyway, here's the SLR 2020 to 2021 Sorry, 2020 to 21 in the Canada Gazette. And what's the key point here? Section two of the regulation prohibition of public assembly, blah, blah, blah. You mustn't be a naughty boy by coming out and demonstrating in certain circumstances, but here it comes. This does not apply to persons registered as an Indian under the Indian Act, person recognised as refugee or in similar circumstances, which of course gives local councils lots of leeway. Persons with temporary residence permits. Persons who seek to enter Canada for the purpose of making a claim for refugee protection, protected for person not further defined, at least not in this instrument and person or any person in a class of persons that will be identitarian ism, whose presence in Canada as determined by the executive is in the national interest. The trouble is particularly to a here that there's no ban on protests even under the emergency register that registered regulations, or persons registered as an Indian under the Indian Act because quite a lot of our viewers will know by now that one of the most brutalised ladies in last week in Ottawa is a recognised Mohawk elder. So whether that actually will have any juice actually, whether it will, it will give any legitimacy to claims to redress through the course. Remains to be seen. Another brief clip here and this is I think, a particularly interesting one we're going to hear the Canadian conservative federal MP, Colin carry ca WR IE, ask a question remotely perhaps because he's on job I don't venture to say but the jobs aren't allowed in the chamber but he's asking remotely across Canada's a huge country, he might just have been back in his writing his constituency. He's asking us about the World Economic Forum. rather amusingly, he stumbles and says WWF whether you're referring to the

Transcribed by https://otter.ai
With regards to audio services, I've created a Soundcloud, but that's not really permanent - three hours of audio only on the free account, too much of a limit to be bothered. I've also tried 'you listen' but is just seems broken, I cannot upload anything. Would you want to host the audio files yourself?
fakeologist
Site Admin

Re: sound clips workflow

Unread post by fakeologist »

I will give you upload status on fakeotube.com and you can upload them there. Then, you can embed them here using the fakeotube tags above.
rachel

Re: sound clips workflow

Unread post by rachel »

That's great, it's really taking sections of clips. Most of my thinking is based on other people's conclusions. I just link them together.