Product Demos dressed up as REAL

rachel

Product Demos dressed up as REAL

Unread post by rachel »

OK, I'm going to copy the following over from the Ukraine War 2022 thread into a new one as I've got a bit of WWI reporting and I've wondered, does it portray what we think it does, or is it the person actually demonstrating their services to potential clients? I'll find that later, but let's put this one up to get started.

I'm not making any judgements on source because it has taken me some time to consider which parts are real, which parts might have been faked, and what the video is actually demonstrating, hence the title of this thread. All the above is not apparent on first watching at normal speed.
THE FOLLOWING VIDEO WAS A LIVE STREAM FROM A MARRIED COUPLE WHO CAME ACROSS A MASSACRE AT A ZELENSKY CHECK POINT IN MARIUPOL. THE LIVE STREAM CUTS AS THEY ARE SHOT. RUSSIA TRIED TO SET UP SAFE CORRIDORS FOR PEOPLE TO LEAVE THROUGH. OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NOT TAKE THE SHORTCUT!!!

Watching it in slow motion I had a feeling it might be 3D graphics, though it does seem too real with regards to his hand touching the bodies. But there is no logical explanation for the lighting acting the way it does as he moves around the scene other than it is a computer rendering.

Also while the hand might be real it makes no sense to me that he doesn't put his phone down when he's trying to unzip the bag, I mean, it's not like he's doing a one-handed unboxing video. Again the lighting makes no sense for it to be his phone light.

So this following still became very interesting, the lettering renders sharp in one frame only and it looks like an overly - it would not be spotted played in realtime. A signature?

A search on the Internet to see what, if any, hits came up and I get the following:

A369HC - https://www.domestika.org/es/a369hc - Spanish

Page translation, and yes indeed it links to a person's Resume.
Álvaro José Carazo

Architect working for a development company in which I would like to enhance the three-dimensional visualization experience in order to better understand projects for both company colleagues and customers.
Creative and dreamer, I love the details and it is in this part where it seems to me that a correct use of these tools can enhance understanding the details to which it is intended to arrive and that they give the projects.

3D Interior Architecture with Unreal Engine 4

A course by Miguel Albo - 3D, Animation, Architecture, and Spaces
The video is a presentation of what you will learn on his training course:

English verson - https://www.domestika.org/en/a369hc

grab-english.png

To be continued...
rachel

Re: Product Demos dressed up as REAL

Unread post by rachel »

Here's some links to Unreal Engine 4 high res renderings of the interior:

Notice the tripod...that's a subliminal trick. We should make a note of it, as such objects, like the woman and the Mac, are put into the scene to bypass our "fake" filter.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

What are we actually watching in the zalenskymassacre video?

snap-00011.jpg

As suggested by the thread title, it is probably a product demo. Whether it was maliciously put out to fake deaths, or rather an experiment to see if people picked it up as real, we don't know. But when we see what the first-person does, it makes sense in terms of showcasing the software's rendering of textures, and indeed it is unclear what is real and what is 3D.

We can see below similar textures in a tutorial where a couch is skinned in two different materials.

texture1.png
texture2.png

rachel

Unread post by rachel »

We can also see from the first video posted it does render realistic cars.

car.png

And that the software has an interactive element to it if you have the correct hardware.

interactive1.png
interactive2.png
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

snap-step1.jpg

The way he moves his hand suggests to me he's demonstrating how he can interact with the 3D model of the man. Not the most tasteful set of images, but if we look at his hand, he's not really closing his thumb and fingers together with any pressure, yet he's able to grab hold of the man's coat and shirt then pull to reveal more of his neck. On letting go the clothing springs back to where it was.

snap-00013a.jpg

The first image grab shows a couple of odd shoes on the snow. I found this interesting as there was a point around 2016 where all 'staged terror' seemed to have people with their shoes off, or random odd shoes in the picture...The second grab shows his hand interacting with a woman's coat. I get the sense he's demonstrating the different textures here, from squeezing the wool of the coat, then running his fingers under the fur of the hood,...In the third grab we see a woman's legs and her shadow. I'm guessing the woman is a 3D rendering that is interacting with the scene and showing how her shadow changes the lighting independently...The final grab, his hand again seems to be showing off how it can grab a coat with a different texture again to the other objects his hand has interacted with thus far.

snap-00050 copy.jpg

We see him interacting with an orange medical bag which looks to be another 3D object. He apparently puts it down, then returns to it. We see him demonstrate how he can fumble and move the bag whilst the handles and zipper react realistically to his movements as if he had hold of an actual object.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

In the video below we see a realtime condo environment being navigated using a virtual reality headset and hand controller. The designer goes into some detail on how he created the space. I think this is almost certainly how the 'Zalensky massacre' video was created, which would suggest his hand was also part of the environment.

handset.png

It is difficult to know for sure, he appears to have blood on his hand before he touches anyone. That would make it part of the skin design rather than makeup, my original thought. Still, the hand looks real to me, yet if he is wearing a hand controller like the image above so he can interact with the 3D environment his headset is seeing, it has to be his virtual hand we are watching in the video. That is quite incredible.

snap-00006.jpg

Virtual Reality (VR) architecture (Archviz) created with Unreal Engine 4 on Oculus Rift, by Bryan Howard. He's disabled the third-party site play, so I've re-linked to a playlist containing four videos relating to the Virtual Reality Condo he created and how he interacts with it.

Realistic game and virtual reality graphics: Built with Unreal Engine and Solidworks
Youtube playlist: https://shorturl.at/jLUX5
Real-Time Architecture Cinematic.gif
Real-Time Architecture Cinematic.gif (5.16 MiB) Viewed 2136 times

Experience the future of architecture with this real-time cinematic rendered using Unreal Engine. See how digital assets created with Solidworks and scaled to real-life dimensions come to life with physically based textures created using Substance Painter and Designer. Plus, download the VR version and explore this stunning interior in virtual reality. This video is a must-see for anyone interested in the intersection of architecture, technology, and gaming.
Virtual Reality Condo.gif
Virtual Reality Condo.gif (4.83 MiB) Viewed 2136 times

A realistic virtual reality condo made with unreal engine and running in the oculus rift. In this video I talk about how I created this virtual reality environment and the tools and ideas of how I planned it. Also I talk about the future of virtual reality and how soon are we away to a reality depicted in ready player one.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Yep, properly scary the level of reality...

The world’s most open and advanced real-time 3D creation tool
Digital humans that will stand up to close‑ups

Do you need digital stand-ins for your virtual production? We've been working with companies like Cubic Motion and 3Lateral to create high-quality digital humans for years. The result is MetaHuman Creator, a new tool that helps you make them in minutes.
snap-00008.jpg
snap-00009.jpg
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Just came across this, I'd not heard of Hanson Robotics, though I always thought the Sophia robot was a puppet. As far as I'm concerned just add it to the Boston Dynamics and the Honda ASIMO list.

Hanson Robotics Sophia is a Fake!
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

The thing with the Honda ASIMO, the company has apparently built a child sized robot that can jump, hop, kick a ball and climbs stairs. It has showcased the robot on daytime television shows and there seems to be enough audience filmed videos on youtube to suggest it might be a real thing.

But there are also things about it that suggests to me all isn't what it seems, and in fact the truth is rather less impressive than Honda tries to make out.

It's always the same question I ask, in a capitalist society, what is the point of something like ASIMO? Can I buy one? You can go to Disneyland and apparently see it kicking a ball, so it is a circus show. And as "entertainment" it could as easily be a child in a robot suit as a child sized robot. Even if the Honda ASIMO is a real working robot, the Disneyland version need not be, and it's probably a lot cheaper to pay a young gymnast.

I thought I'd check that out...
https://turningtooneanother.net/2020/07 ... -an-asimo/
Can I buy an ASIMO?
Born way back in 2000, it was originally conceived as a mobility assistant for people with disabilities (ASIMO stands for Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility).

How much is an ASIMO?
Profitability was not on the horizon. Honda’s stated intent of making Asimo was to provide a helper for elderly and other communities in need. However at a price tag of 2.5 million dollars, buying an Asimo to help your grandma was far more expensive than hiring a real human assistant.

So at 2.5 million dollars, is the ASIMO at Disneyland likely to be a real robot or a child circus artist in a suit?

Has it got an inflated price tag because it is a fake product? It's clearly not for sale, so why is it still a thing? Reminds me of the International Space Station in many ways. Instead of it not being for sale because it's a smoke and mirrors product, give it a price tag no one can pay...if you had 2.5 million in small change, you too could own an ASIMO.

But really, it's when I saw the following video, I began wondering what it was Honda was actually selling with this product. This video is CGI.

ALL-New ASIMO Ascending & Descending Stairs Demonstration: - Honda Robotics

A fake alien invasion? ... At the end.

dreams.png
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Here is an example of what I am talking about. Is Honda selling a robot, or are they selling an interactive environment where people look like they are in the same space as a generated object?

Honda's Asimo: the penalty-taking, bar-tending robot

There is something curious about the markers on the floor. They don't stand out. If the robot's onboard cameras are using them so it knows where the goal is, they should be far more obvious. See the difference in the following video.

Humanoid Robots Playing Soccer at RoboCup, Part 1

If on the other hand they are computer graphics tracker markers, they only need to be barely visible.

trackers--1.png
tracker1.png

How To Place Tracking Markers Part 1 & 2