Rick and Rollo

All topics related to Australia
K0ng3reroftheW0rld

Rick and Rollo

Unread post by K0ng3reroftheW0rld »

Thought I'd make this topic to put down in text any interesting points brought up in the fakeologist radio show so that they can be further researched and discussed. A launchpad ( :lol: ) as it were so these convos aren't just lost in the aether... like tears in the rain...
K0ng3reroftheW0rld

Re: Rick and Rollo

Unread post by K0ng3reroftheW0rld »

In a recent chat there was a quote brought up attributed to a Prime Minister of Australia, William Morris Hughes, which I thought warranted looking into, for one thing I'd never heard of these Montefiores.

"The Montefiores have taken Australia for their own,
and there is not a gold field or a sheep run from Tasmania
to New South Wales that does not pay them a heavy tribute.

They are the real owners of the antipodean continent.

What is the good of our being a wealthy nation,
if the wealth is all in the hands of German J**s?"

This sounds very interesting, especially considering the position of who said it and as such I wanted to find it's origin, google was not much help as the search engine is terrible now.

Anyway, it seems to be from "Saturday evening post June 19 1919" on the sites that have it listed with any origin.
Is this Saturday evening Post this US magazine? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Saturday_Evening_Post

The problem starts here as June 19th 1919 is a Thursday, - ok transcription errors can easily occur.
checking archive.org there's issues for the 14th and 21st of June

Searching text contents on archive.org instead for the quote rather than the magazine, we find everyone seems to have copied one error without checking anything. The earliest seems to be in Cherep Spiridovich The Secret World Government, Or The Hidden Hand from 1926 which lists the quote with again only Saturday Evening Post June 19 1919.

I didn't set out to disprove that it's a quote rather just trying to establish where it was first seen, I was hoping there would be some more context surrounding it.
If anyone can shed any light on this then please do.

These Montefiores seemed certainly wealthy and have connections to the Churchills from a quick scan.

thanks