Baha'i movers & shakers

napoleon

Re: Baha'i movers & shakers

Unread post by napoleon »

that was fascinating rachel
i knew the name and that was all ,just spent a while reading more about them

and as always my mind jumps to is there any movies or will anyone make movies about these soldiers ,also it matches on a smaller scale a story which is used in the star trek universe ,with a group of supermen who were engineered and went rogue

their leader was khan!!!!

i won't bore you with the details ,such a great post thanks for the read
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

It's funny, I always figured atheism was actually a religion. I was looking up Zoroastrianism and I came to a link I have regarding Sanat Kumara. According to the article.
In the supreme God of Zoroastrianism, Ahura Mazda, we recognize Sanat Kumara. The name “Ahura Mazda” means “Wise Lord” or “Lord who is endowed with wisdom.” He represents the principle of Goodness, being the protector of humanity and an opponent of the principle of Evil.

I think we've just found the actual inspiration for Doctor Who, you'll see a reference to "nameless". I wonder if Helena Blavatsky would regard what has happened since COVID-19 was declared as a massive clusterfuck? I can't help thinking she would. Few people come out of that absolute car-crash as ascended masters. But anyway...here's what "the Brights" no doubt fancy themselves as being...

https://sirius-eng.net/liki/sanat_kumara.htm
What role did Kumaras play in the development of humanity?

Sons of Fire (Solar Deities) were the ancestors of “the true spiritual SELF in the physical man” (Christ Self, or Highest Manas), while the Pitris (Lunar Deities), are “the fathers of the model, or type of his physical form, made ‘in their image.’ ”

In the second volume of The Secret Doctrine, the formation of the Root Races of humanity is described. “The lunar gods (are) ordered to create. The higher gods refuse.”
  • “12. THE GREAT CHOHANS (Lords), CALLED THE LORDS OF THE MOON, OF THE AIRY BODIES (a). "BRING FORTH MEN, (they were told), MEN OF YOUR NATURE. GIVE THEM (i.e., the Jivas or Monads) THEIR FORMS WITHIN. SHE (Mother Earth or Nature) WILL BUILD COVERINGS WITHOUT (external bodies).”
  • 13. THEY (the Moon-gods) WENT, EACH ON HIS ALLOTTED LAND: SEVEN OF THEM, EACH ON HIS LOT. THE LORDS OF THE FLAME REMAINED BEHIND. THEY WOULD NOT GO, THEY WOULD NOT CREATE.”
Among those who “refused to create progeny,” the author mentioned Sanat Kumara. “Kumaras who appear on the scene of action by refusing — as Sanatkumara and Sananda — to "create progeny." Yet they are called the "creators" of (thinking) man.”

The esoteric significance of the Sons of Fire refusing to “create progeny” is explained in the following way: “The "Rebels" would not create will-less irresponsible men, as the "obedient" angels did; nor could they endow human beings with only the temporary reflections of their own attributes; for even the latter, belonging to another and a so-much higher plane of consciousness, would leave man still irresponsible, hence interfere with any possibility of a higher progress. No spiritual and psychic evolution is possible on earth — the lowest and most material plane — for one who on that plane, at all events, is inherently perfect and cannot accumulate either merit or demerit. Man remaining the pale shadow of the inert, immutable, and motionless perfection, the one negative and passive attribute of the real I am that I am, would have been doomed to pass through life on earth as in a heavy dreamless sleep; hence a failure on this plane.”

So, Lunar Deities, who did not have mind, sent out of themselves creatures like unto themselves, and created their aerial-transparent twins who were future bodily forms of a person. Why is it that Fire Deities “would not want to create” from an objective point of view? Because fire substance is too thin to create future humans’ bodies, while the astral matter of Lunar Deities is much closer to the physical plane, even if its density is very different. That is why millions of years were required for the condensation of astral matter to the physical plane matter, and for humans to get a bone skeleton and flesh and become the way that we look today.

Only in the period of Third Root Race (about 18,000,000 years ago), a distinguishing moment for humanity happened: Sons of Fire gave to human forms a “flash” of mind, which is the ability to think. When humanity became physically ready, Fire Gods (Kumaras or Dhyan-Chohans) descended (“fell”) into the matter, and in this way they speeded up the evolution of humanity on earth. They not only endowed the biggest part of humanity with mind, but also incarnated in some of the human bodies and gave them knowledge and will. Without this, a person could have never become who he is now.
  • “27. THE THIRD RACE BECAME THE VAHAN OF THE LORDS OF WISDOM. IT CREATED "SONS OF WILL AND YOGA," BY KRIYASAKTI IT CREATED THEM, THE HOLY FATHERS, ANCESTORS OF THE ARHATS...”
The author comments on this Stanza of the Book Dzyan in this way: “The Third Race had thus created the so-called SONS OF WILL AND YOGA, or the "ancestors" (the spiritual forefathers) of all the subsequent and present Arhats, or Mahatmas… For creation is but the result of will acting on phenomenal matter, the calling forth out of it the primordial divine Light and eternal Life. They were the "holy seed-grain" of the future Saviours of Humanity.”

"The “Sons of Wisdom" who incarnated in this Third Race, produced by Kriyasakti a progeny called the "Sons of Will and Yoga," etc. They were a conscious production, as a portion of the race was already animated with the divine spark of spiritual, superior intelligence. It was not a Race, this progeny. It was at first a wondrous Being, called the "Initiator," and after him a group of semi-divine and semi-human beings…. they are those in whom are said to have incarnated the highest Dhyanis, "Munis and Rishis from previous Manvantaras" — to form the nursery for future human adepts, on this earth and during the present cycle. These "Sons of Will and Yoga" born, so to speak, in an immaculate way, remained, it is explained, entirely apart from the rest of mankind. The "BEING" just referred to, which has to remain nameless, is the Tree from which, in subsequent ages, all the great historically known Sages and Hierophants, such as the Rishi Kapila, Hermes, Enoch, Orpheus, etc., have branched off.”

If Dhyan-Chohans had not endowed human forms of the Third Race with Highest Light of Mind (Christ Self or the Highest Manas), how many more hundreds of millions of years would have been needed for a person to become conscious! The animal-person could have never achieved this goal by himself. He would have continued his existence almost unconsciously, like we can see in some of the animals’ examples.

After giving such a worthy gift to humanity, the Kumaras did not leave without further help. They reincarnated in Lemurian, Atlantean, and Aryan Races in the roles of Wisemen and Hierophants, and as great Governors and Founders of religions. All wisemen of ancient times tell us “…of the seven primitive and dual gods who descend from their celestial abode and reign on Earth, teaching mankind Astronomy, Architecture, and all the other sciences that have come down to us. These Beings appear first as "gods" and Creators; then they merge in nascent man, to finally emerge as "divine-Kings and Rulers." But this fact has been gradually forgotten.”

The author points out that “The Aryan nations could trace their descent through the Atlanteans from the more spiritual races of the Lemurians, in whom the "Sons of Wisdom" had personally incarnated.”

“Sons of Wisdom” is another name of the same seven Dhyan-Chohans. In the Bhagavatgita they are also called great Rishi. “Let us bear in mind that the Saptarshi (the seven Rishis) are the regents of the seven stars of the Great Bear, therefore, of the same nature as the angels of the planets, or the seven great Planetary Spirits. They were all reborn, all men on earth in various Kalpas and races.”

Rishi...Rishi Sunak, that makes sense. One of the best things about reading up on other religions, I start spotting the doctrines other people quote. It's never based on object physical facts, it's always religion and faith.

rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Sanat Kumara in Zoroastrianism

Ahura-mazda.jpg
Ahura-mazda.jpg (42.67 KiB) Viewed 437 times

In ancient Persia, Sanat Kumara was revered as Ahura Mazda who appeared to Zarathustra in the presence of six other beings of light (kumaras). It is said that in their presence, Zarathustra did not see his own shadow upon the earth, owing to their great light.

Ahura Mazda means “Wise Lord.” Zarathustra recognized Ahura Mazda as the one true God, the creator of the universe, and went on to create a spiritual tradition based on keeping the flame. Even today, devotees of zoroastrianism use fire upon their altar in remembrance.

The encounters and teachings of Ahura Mazda with Zarathustra and with Yima, the good shepherd and first mortal with whom Ahura Mazda did converse, are recorded in the Zend Avesta. Here, Ahura Mazda is described as having seven emanations, the Amesha Spentas who are "bounteous immortals." The one that Yima and Zarathustra invoke most is Spenta Armaiti, described through the qualities of divine wisdom, devotion, piety, benevolence, loving- kindness, right-mindedness, peace, love, and service. Zoroastrian scholars consider Spenta Armaiti as embodying the virtues of service, loving-kindness and the serenity that comes with enlightenment. He embodies “universal bountiful tranquility,” not only personal peace and love but peace among communities and nations. He implies love without expectation of reciprocity, dutifulness without contemplation of reward, and the universal brotherhood of man.

Ahura Mazda teaches mankind the laws of sacrifice and service, how to honor the four elements and how to cast out the evil one (Angra Mainyu) through the power of the spoken word. Thus, one can achieve prosperity and peace.

Ahura Mazda speaks:
  • Say aloud those words in the Gathas that are to be said twice: ‘I drive away Angra Mainyu from this house, from this borough, from this town, from this land; from the very body of man defiled by the dead, from the very body of woman defiled by the dead; from the master of this house, from the lord of the borough, from the lord of the town, from the lord of the land; from the lord of the whole world of Righteousness.’
In the Prayer for Helpers, the supplicant calls:
  • And now in these Thy dispensations, O Ahura Mazda! Do Thou wisely act for us, and with abundance with Thy bounty and Thy tenderness as touching us; and grant that reward which Thou hast appointed to our souls, O Ahura Mazda! Of this do Thou Thyself bestow upon us for this world and the spiritual; and now as part thereof do Thou grant that we may attain fellowship with Thee, and Thy Righteousness for all duration.

It's like the seven candlesticks, but I see a better match in the 2012 Olympic Ceremony. It is a "spiritual tradition based on keeping the flame", and we have "Zarathustra in the presence of six other beings of light"

ScreenShot-VideoID-5N2DCT5S9G8-TimeS-185.png
ScreenShot-VideoID-5N2DCT5S9G8-TimeS-335.png

We see the flame is carried around the stadium by one person in the presence of six others, then all seven are given the flame, and they carry it in unison to light the circle.

And another reference to the same idea, which looks to date back as far as Zoroastrianism.

The Magnificent Seven
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

https://sanatkumara.online/traditions.htm
Sanat Kumara

SK-small-feather.jpg
SK-small-feather.jpg (9.03 KiB) Viewed 392 times

Sanat Kumara is a manifestation of God, a spiritual being of great light. He is known as the Ancient of Days, the Eternal Youth, the Regent Lord of the World and ruler of Shamballa. He is also one of seven holy kumaras referenced in sacred scriptures.

Sanat Kumara is the bearer of fire. Leading the armies of heaven, he takes up serpents in order to bring peace. He represents the Rose Cross and the Ruby Cross. His emblems are the Flying Eagle (the elevated glyph of Scorpio) and the Yule Log, which symbolizes the rekindling of the threefold flame in the heart of man. In some cultures, he is associated with the symbol of the fish, with the water of life and with the Pleiades.

There's your Rose Cross and Ruby Sippers @napoleon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule_log
The Yule log, Yule clog, or Christmas block is a specially selected log burnt on a hearth as a winter tradition in regions of Europe, and subsequently North America. The origin of the folk custom is unclear. Like other traditions associated with Yule (such as the Yule boar), the custom may ultimately derive from Proto-Indo-European religion as similar traditions have been recorded in Celtic, Germanic, Baltic and Slavic paganism, among others.

American folklorist Linda Watts provides the following overview of the custom:
  • The familiar custom of burning the Yule log dates back to earlier solstice celebrations and the tradition of bonfires. The Christmas practice calls for burning a portion of the log each evening until Twelfth Night (January 6). The log is subsequently placed beneath the bed for luck, and particularly for protection from the household threats of lightning and, with some irony, fire. Many have beliefs based on the yule log as it burns, and by counting the sparks and such, they seek to discern their fortunes for the new year and beyond.
Watts notes that the Yule log is one of various "emblem[s] of divine light" that feature in winter holiday customs (other examples include the Yule fire and Yule candle).

The Scorpion. Oh, what's that on his tail?

SCORPIO-DAILY-HOROSCOPE.jpg

It gets better though, because I've never heard of "the elevated glyph of Scorpio", but guess what, from Scorpio to Phoenix.

https://www.thescorpiogang.com/blogs/sc ... -phoenix-1
3 Stages of Scorpio: The Scorpion, The Eagle and The Phoenix

Scorpio is ruled by the planet Pluto and is the 8th sign in the zodiac. Scorpio is represented by multiple symbols, the most potent symbols that stand out are The Scorpion, The Eagle, and The Phoenix. These three symbols or totems represent the stages of transformation Scorpio undergoes during the spiritual journey. Through peace of mind, we reach spiritual enlightenment. However, to induce the calm it takes to reach higher levels of awareness, Scorpio must have command of their emotions...

And why this particularly interests me, because I posted up a diagram in Brazilian, I'll post up an English version.
rachel wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:51 am The complete structure of the parliament of religions began with the teachings of Zoroaster (the first king); being later distributed among the main pagan religions (Baha'i faith, Freemasonry and Kabbalah) under the regency of the number 9.

In the flowchart below you can better understand how this structure was organized:

911 nwo.png

The teachings of Zoroaster are present to this day and are known as the study of the enneagram, several international companies (such as Disney) apply these principles which mainly consist of achieving spiritual balance without God. The enneagram is also a preparation for employees to adapt to the New World Order, which will transform humanity into an army of collective imbeciles, and this is in line with Lenista communism.

Below Zoroaster is his last descendant with mystical powers Baha'u'llah. The number nine is sacred to Baha'is in three requirements:
  1. The nine-pointed star (official mark of Baha'ism
  2. Baha'u'llah's 9-letter name
  3. The number 9 itself which indicates the perfection
Even the Baha'i temples with their fantastic architecture have 9 entrances symbolizing the nine religions “divinely inspired by God”.

On the left is the Kabbala. They are waiting for confirmation of the promised name that will fill the sacred number of the Kabbalistic table which is 9.

On the right is Freemasonry, which is responsible for the formation of the great world executive, where number 9 indicates the maximum exaltation and "perfection" of the Antichrist, who will go so far as to build an image in honour of the beast and himself (or even a temple in his honour).

Finally we come to Roman Catholicism. The number 9, according to Baha'i prophecies, will be represented by the ninth Marian apparition. In this way (*) The Parliament of Religions will be able to begin the creation of its terrible legislation “blessing” the number 9 that will bring global consensus and peace to all pagan religions.

(*) The parliament, according to Bahá'í prophecies, will be composed of 11 members, 9 representatives and 2 leaders who will be divinely inspired by the new "god" of consensus.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

http://tibetanbuddhistencyclopedia.com/ ... hangri_La)
The Legend of Shambhala (Shangri La)

When the Tibetan monks first saw sailors from the west, they asked why they did not come from the inner Earth like the others of their kind, the western sailors were confused by this statement.

The reason why it's never been found is because people are looking in the wrong place...

As above, as is below, in the realm of Agartha.
  • "Behind snowy peaks, somewhere to the North, lies a Mystical Kingdom, where a line of Enlightened Kings is guarding the innermost teachings of Buddhism for a time when all truth in the outside world is lost in war and greed. Then, the King of Shambhala will emerge with a great army to destroy the forces of evil and bring in a new Golden Age."
Rumors and reports have been in existence, for millennia now, that somewhere near or beyond Tibet, among icy peaks and in some of the secluded valleys of Eurasia, lies a "paradise", inaccessible to us. It is a place of enlightenment, wisdom and peace, called Shambhala, known by several other names such as "Shangri-La" and "Agharta."

Shambhala is a Sanskrit word, which means "place of peace." It has often been thought of as a cluster of minds, of perfect and semi-perfect beings, who are guiding the evolution of humanity. It is also considered to be the source and safeguard of Kalachakra (The Wheel of Time), one of the highest branches of Tibetan mysticism and Buddhism's teachings.

According to the legends, The King of Shambhala (Shambhala's existence predates Buddhism) travelled to India to meet Buddha and learn the Kalachakra teachings. He then took those teachings back to the Kingdom, where the teachings have been preserved. It is said that only a person with a pure heart can live in Shambhala. There, they shall enjoy ease and perfect happiness and will not know suffering, desire or age. Love and wisdom reign. Injustice and vices are unknown. The inhabitants are long-lived, wear beautiful and perfect bodies and possess supernatural powers; their spiritual knowledge is deep, their technological level highly advanced, their laws mild and their study of the arts and sciences covers the full spectrum of cultural achievement, but on a far higher level than anything the outside world has attained.

By definition Shambhala is hidden. Of the numerous explorers and seekers of spiritual wisdom who attempt to locate Shambhala, none can pinpoint its physical location on a map, although all say it exists in the mountainous regions of Eurasia. Many have also returned believing that Shambhala lies on the very edge of physical reality, as a bridge connecting this world to one beyond it.

Tibetan lamas spend a great deal of their lives in spiritual development before attempting the journey to Shambhala. Perhaps deliberately, the guidebooks to Shambhala describe the route in terms so vague that only those already initiated into the teachings of the Kalachakra can understand them.

According to some lamas, "As the traveller draws near the kingdom, their directions become increasingly mystical and difficult to correlate with the physical world. At least one lama has written that the vagueness of these books is deliberate and intended to keep Shambhala concealed from the barbarians who will take over the world." This line being referred to is from the Prophecy of Shambhala.

The prophecy of Shambhala states that each of its kings will rule for 100 years. There will be 32 in all, and as their reigns pass, conditions in the outside world will deteriorate. Men will become more warlike and pursue power for its own sake, and an ideology of materialism will spread over the earth. There will then be a gradual deterioration of mankind as the ideology of materialism spreads over the earth. When the “barbarians” who follow this ideology are united under an evil king and think there is nothing left to conquer, the mists will lift to reveal the snowy mountains of Shambhala. The barbarians will attack Shambhala with a huge army equipped with terrible weapons. Then the 32nd king of Shambhala, Rudra Cakrin, will lead a mighty host against the invaders. In a last great battle, the evil king and his followers will be destroyed.

Some put the year of the prophecy as 2029, although most predictions put it at 2424, when a Great War will begin in India. Early European travellers to Tibet consistently told the same tale of a hidden spiritual center of power. The only difference, that these spoke of Shambhala being a hidden world underneath the surface of the planet. It was sometimes spelt Agharti, Asgartha or Agarttha), although it is now commonly known as Shambhala and often confused travellers. I use the word "Agharta" here to identify the subterranean version of Shambhala.

Taking the legend in its most basic form, Agharta is said to be a mysterious underground kingdom situated somewhere beneath Asia and linked to the other continents of the world by a gigantic network of tunnels. These passageways, partly natural formations and partly the handiwork of the race which created the subterranean nation, provide a means of communication between all points, and have done so since time immemorial. According to the legend, vast lengths of the tunnels still exist today; the rest have been destroyed by cataclysms. The exact location of these passages, and the means of entry, are said to be known only to certain high initiates, and the details are most carefully guarded because the kingdom itself is a vast storehouse of secret knowledge. Some claim that the stored knowledge is derived from the lost Atlantean civilisation and of even earlier people who were the first intelligent beings to inhabit the earth.

It has been told that Agharta is a hidden land somewhere in the East, below the surface of the earth, where a population of millions is ruled by a “Sovereign Pontiff”, who is assisted by two colleagues, the “Mahatma” and the “Mahanga”. His realm was transferred underground and concealed from the surface-dwellers at the start of the Kali Yuga, which he dates around 3200 BCE. According to Saint-Yves, the “mages of Agarttha” had to descend into the infernal regions below them in order to work at bringing the earth’s chaos and negative energy to an end. “Each of these sages accomplishes his work in solitude, far from any light, under the cities, under deserts, under plains or under mountains.” Now and then Agharta sends emissaries to the upper world, of which it has perfect knowledge.

Agharta also enjoys the benefits of a technology advanced far beyond our own. Not only the latest discoveries of modern man, but the whole wisdom of the ages is enshrined in its libraries. Among its many secrets are those of the relationship of soul to body, and of the means to keep departed souls in communication with incarnate ones.

To Saint-Yves, these superior beings were the true authors of Synarchy, and for thousands of years Agharta had “radiated” Synarchy to the rest of the world, which in modern times has chosen foolishly to ignore it. When the world adopts Synarchical government the time will be ripe for Agharta to reveal itself.

Until the start of the twentieth century, the legend of Agharta remained very much... a legend. Stories of Agharta had widely spread in Europe but evidence to support the claims remained as elusive as ever. Indeed, it might well have been expected that in the rational and materialistic new century, such stories would finally be confined to the realms of fantasy: a colourful tradition to be ranked alongside other ancient mysteries such as the lost continents of Atlantis and Mu.

But such a supposition did not allow for the remarkable discoveries of two intrepid explorers who in the 1920s went into the vastness of Asia and there unearthed evidence about Agharta which far exceeded that of any previous reports. Their accounts, indeed, became the cornerstone of our present knowledge of the secret kingdom. One made his discoveries about Agharta while fleeing for his life from the Bolsheviks in Russia; the other came shortly after from self-imposed exile in America, seeking to penetrate the mysteries of Tibet. Their names were Ferdinand Ossendowski and Nicholas Roerich.

"Shambhala lies on the very edge of physical reality, as a bridge connecting this world to one beyond it." ...I fancy this image fits that proposition.

A "hidden world underneath the surface of the planet", which looks to be the idea of hollow earth. Interestingly, we can maybe see why Muslim "Extremists" are blamed for bringing down the towers in the following article about Agarttha.

https://www.newdawnmagazine.com/article ... f-agarttha
The Lord of the World: What’s Really Behind the Legend of the Mysterious Kingdom of Agarttha?

A current theory holds that the secret rulers of humanity are an alien, reptilian race. The best-known version of this view comes from British author David Icke. (See Donald Tyson’s “Reptilians ’R Us” in New Dawn Special Issue Vol. 9 No. 2).

It is all too easy to believe that the current leaders of humanity are operating from the reptilian part of the brain, which is devoid of any capacity for love, compassion, or justice. But an alien race? What makes reptiles aliens? They have been on this planet for over 300 million years.

We then face the disturbing possibility that there is nothing less alien than this reptilian impulse. In fact, it is most likely the product of the earth and of earthly evolution. We may then turn around and ask whether it’s actually the higher, more selfless types of motivation that are implants from an alien world.

The visionary author Philip K. Dick believed something like this. For him the “Immortal One” or the “plasmate,” as he called it, is an impulse that comes from outside our world but can bond with the human entity to create a homoplasmate, in which the mortal human is annexed permanently to the immortal. The Divine Invasion, the title of one of Dick’s novels, alludes to this possibility.

This consideration leads us to look at a powerful idea that comes out of the world of esotericism: that, just as there are visible hierarchies bent on perpetuating their own power, there are other, unseen hierarchies that are moving (or attempting to move) the human race toward higher and purer states.

One of the most intriguing versions of this teaching is the idea of the Lord of the World, the head of an unseen but benevolent hierarchy that governs humanity. Governs, that is, in a certain sense only, because any hierarchy that was completely in control of present-day humanity could not possibly be benevolent. So the idea of the Lord of the World encompasses another facet: this sacred hierarchy is, for reasons that are not terribly clear, blocked off and hidden from the majority of the human race. As of course would be his domain – if it exists in earthly terms at all.

This idea seems to have long existed in Asia, but it only came to the attention of the educated West in the nineteenth century, first from a French jurist named Louis Jacolliot, who had been a magistrate in southern India and had collected local lore when he was there. In his 1873 book Les fils du Dieu (“The Sons of God”), he mentions a legend of “Asgartha, city of the sun, the capital of the Brahmatma, seat of brahminical power, ancestor of Thebes, Babylon, and Nineveh, the Rome of antediluvian times,” destroyed by a revolt of the Kshatriyas (the warrior caste) around 5000 BCE.

The Subterranean Agarttha
It was the French occultist Alexandre Saint-Yves d’Alveydre who brought the idea of this mysterious kingdom to the attention of mystics and esotericists. In his book Mission de l’Inde (“Mission of India”), he spoke of the city of Agarttha (whose name in Sanskrit, according to Saint-Yves, meant “inaccessible to violence”) and which continues to exist in some unspecified location of Central Asia, both “on the surface and in the bowels of the earth.”

For Saint-Yves, Agarttha was a real and palpable city, hidden but in theory discoverable. Indeed, part of the motive of writing his book, he implied, was that “certain powers, in their competition with each other across the whole of Asia” were bound to discover it and try to invade it. He was alluding to Great Britain and Russia, which were then engaged in the “Great Game” for control of Central Asia. By divulging its existence, Saint-Yves believed, he was warning the colonial powers to leave Agarttha alone – for their own good.

Saint-Yves’ book was published in 1886, but abortively. For obscure reasons, he had almost the entire edition pulled and burned. Only a stray copy or two survived, which made the full publication of the book possible in 1910, a year after his death.

Mission de l’Inde – published in English under the title The Kingdom of Agarttha – is a short but grandiose work, propounding the idea of “the Sovereign Pontiff” of Agarttha – the Brahmatma. After it was published, it attracted much attention in French occultist circles.

In 1924, another book appeared: a memoir called Beasts, Men, and Gods by Ferdinand Ossendowski. Ossendowski had been a White officer in the Russian Civil War. After the Whites lost, he had to make his escape across Siberia and Mongolia. Much of the book is a description of these adventures, but the last chapters are dedicated to some of the legends that Ossendowski said he had heard along the way. One was of a subterranean land called “Agarthi.” According to Ossendowski, one lama told him:
  • More than sixty thousand years ago a Holyman [sic] disappeared with a whole tribe of people under the ground and never appeared again on the surface of the earth. Many people, however, have since visited this kingdom, Sakkia Mouni [the historical Buddha], Undur Gheghen, Paspa, Khan Baber and others. No one knows where this place is. One says Afghanistan, others India. All the people there are protected against Evil and crimes do not exist within its bournes. Science has there developed calmly and nothing is threatened with destruction. The subterranean people have reached the highest knowledge. Now it is a large kingdom, millions of men with the King of the World as their ruler. He knows all the forces of the world and reads all the souls of humankind and the great book of their destiny. Invisibly he rules eight hundred million men on the surface of the earth and they will accomplish his every order.
Ossendowski also reported a prophecy allegedly made by the King of the World in the winter of 1890. He forecast fifty years of bloodshed.
  • Then I shall send a people, now unknown, which shall tear out the weeds of madness and vice with a strong hand and will lead those who still remain faithful to the spirit of man in the fight against Evil. They will found a new life on the earth purified by the death of nations. In the fiftieth year only three great kingdoms will appear, which will exist happily seventy-one years. Afterwards there will be eighteen years of war and destruction. Then the peoples of Agharti will come up from their subterranean caverns to the surface of the earth.
It is tempting, though of course completely speculative, to connect the “fifty years of bloodshed” with the two World Wars, followed by a period of comparative peace under three great nations (the United States, Russia, and China?) that would last seventy-one years. If you start this seventy-one years at the end of World War II in 1945, that brings us to 2016. By this reckoning, the people of Agharti will emerge in 2034. Ever since 2012 came and went, we have had no new dates for the imminent End of Time, so those in need of such a thing may want to consider this as a possibility.

Ossendowski’s book became a best-seller and drew further attention to the idea of Agarttha and the Lord of the World. There has been much debate about whether Ossendowski borrowed his legends from Saint-Yves. Those who say he did point to the similarities even in superficial detail between the two. Those who deny the connection included Ossendowski himself, who said he had never heard of Saint-Yves or his theories before his own book was published...

...Some who are familiar with Eastern traditions will see a similarity between Agarttha and the kingdom of Shambhala, known from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Shambhala, too, is hidden, inaccessible; it is described sometimes as an actual place, sometimes almost as a state of mind. One difference, however, is that Shambhala is seen as a city (possibly) on earth rather than a subterranean one.

This fact led an Italian writer named Marco Baistrocchi to publish several articles in a journal called Politica Romana from 1995 to 1997. Baistrocchi claimed that the truth about Agarttha was quite different: that Saint-Yves and Jacolliot had borrowed the idea from a novel by the British author Sir Edward Bulwer-Lytton. Entitled The Coming Race and published in 1871, it spoke of a subterranean race that had mastered an occult life force known as Vril.

According to Baistrocchi, Guénon picked up on this idea of a subterranean race for rather convoluted reasons. Mainly he wanted to discourage Western seekers from making contact with authentic sources of Asian spirituality. He wanted instead to channel them toward Western forms – first a kind of initiatic Catholicism reconstituted on medieval lines, and, after that clearly was not going to happen, toward Islam. (Guénon converted to Islam around 1912 and moved to Cairo in 1930; he lived there for the rest of his life.) Guénon thus followed Saint-Yves in trying to prevent “Europeans from restoring contact with the true and authentic Asiatic world, and above all with the doctrine of the Kalachakra from which the myth of Shambhala derives,” writes Baistrocchi. “With the help of his disciples who continued to promote his works, Saint-Yves succeeded in turning aside the curiosity and interest in the Indo-Tibetan world that [H.P.] Blavatsky and the Theosophical Society, for all their limitations, had fostered.”

The argument, with its plots and counterplots like those in Umberto Eco’s clumsy novel Foucault’s Pendulum, can be hard to follow. Certainly Guénon’s attitude toward the world religions is complex. He regards Christianity as degenerate, believing that its links to the esoteric traditional centre were broken in late medieval times. In the West, only very small and obscure initiatic lineages preserve some semblance of this tradition in Christianity. The religion he prizes above all is Hinduism. Most of his metaphysical theory is derived from Hindu thought in one way or another. Guénon writes fairly little about Islam.

On the other hand, it is true that Guénon’s influence turned many of his followers into Muslims – with disastrous results, according to Baistrocchi: “By draining the spiritual energies from Europe, the crisis [of the modern world] has been indirectly accelerated and regeneration has been hindered. At the same time, Islam has been reinforced, in which there grows from day to day an ever more rigid, anti-spiritual, and counter-traditional fundamentalism.”

This claim may be extreme, but it does seem Guénon’s influence has been stronger in the Muslim world and may have fed fundamentalist trends in Islam. Mark Sedgwick’s book Against the Modern World discusses this question in some detail. From a nonacademic point of view, a strange book by Jean-Marc Allemand, René Guénon et les sept tours du diable (“René Guénon and the Seven Towers of the Devil”), explores the “counterinitiatic,” i.e., diabolical elements of our time and locates their centres in such places as Syria, Sudan, and Iraq. (This book has not been translated into English and is out of print in French. For a map of these centres, visit a French blog called “Les chroniques de Rorschach.”)

A little further down we get back to the Lord of the World, and I think we find out what constitutes the modern TRINITY God. This appears to be the source of a lot of David Icke's ideas.
C.W. Leadbeater, Alice Bailey & the Christ

To return to the main thread of our story, travellers who made contact with Tibet in the early twentieth century (when it was still a rarity) were struck by the resemblances between Agarttha, which they knew from the occultist literature, and the decidedly nonsubterranean kingdom of Shambhala, about which they heard in their travels. But they found no stories about a subterranean kingdom. The French explorer Alexandra David-Neel said she asked the Thirteenth Dalai Lama (the predecessor of the one now in office) about this legend. He replied, “Do you take us for moles?” Another high Tibetan authority, the Panchen Lama, told her, “You know that beyond making machines and things like that, Westerners aren’t very intelligent, but I never thought they could have been stupid enough to imagine such things.”

Agarttha may in a distorted fashion reflect the very real Tibetan legend of Shambhala. If Guénon’s aim had been to steer Westerners away from it – which I very much doubt – he failed miserably, largely because the real legend of Shambhala, central to Tibetan Buddhism, has become so well-known in the West.

As a result of this direct infusion of Tibetan knowledge, the legend of Agarttha has faded into the background. But the theme of the Lord of the World persists. Along different lines it was propounded by the British Theosophist C.W. Leadbeater. Leadbeater wrote in 1925:
  • Our world is governed by a spiritual King – one of the Lords of the Flame who came long ago from Venus. He is called by the Hindus Sanat Kumara, the last word being a title, meaning Prince or Ruler. Other names given to him are the One Initiator, the One without a Second, the Eternal Youth of sixteen summers; and often we speak of him as the Lord of the World. He is the Supreme Ruler; in his hand and within his actual aura lies the whole of this planet….
In his mind he holds the whole plan of evolution at some high level of which we know nothing; he is the Force which drives the whole world-machine, the embodiment of the Divine Will on this planet…. His consciousness is of so extended a nature that it comprehends at once all the life on our globe.

The Lord of the World, Leadbeater added, is the head of the Brotherhood, the collection of individuals who have awakened at least to some degree and are working to promote the collective evolution of humanity. The Hierarchy of adepts described by Leadbeater is extremely complex. But, for example, Sanat Kumara, the Lord of the World, is the head of a trinity of rulers of the human race, along with “the Lord Buddha” and “the Maha Chohan.”

The idea of the Lord of the World was developed further by the British esotericist Alice Bailey, who started as a Theosophist but broke with the Theosophical Society in 1920 because the society’s leaders disapproved of materials she allegedly channelled from the Tibetan master Djwhal Khul (pronounced “jwal kool”).

Bailey foretells the reappearance of the Christ. Originally Theosophy, the source of all these teachings, did not place much emphasis on the concept of Christ, preferring to see the “Christos” as “the spiritual Ego” or higher Self in each individual. However, both Leadbeater, an Anglican priest, and Bailey, an active proselytizer for evangelical Christianity in her youth, tended to see Christian themes in a more positive way – and put them at the centre of their myth.

For Bailey the Christ is a high member of the Hierarchy. He is an “avatar,” a divine messenger who is due to return to earth, but not in the way conceived by mainstream Christianity. “No one knows in what nation He will come; He may appear as an Englishman, a Russian, a Negro, a Latin, a Turk, a Hindu, or any other nationality,” Bailey wrote. But it was the preparation for this reappearance of the Christ that was the main work of the Hierarchy in her day.

To this end “preparation is being made for the emergence of the Hierarchy in the world of men,” Bailey added. “The Hierarchy is orienting itself to a much closer rapport with humanity,” and the members of the Hierarchy “are already – one by one entering into outer activity on the physical plane.”

This “externalisation of the Hierarchy,” as Bailey called it, the reappearance of the Christ, and the new world religion that will emerge from these events, are all to foster the “Plan.” This Plan, she wrote, “will make available to every man all past achievements and knowledges, it will reveal to man the true significance of his mind and brain, and make him the master of that equipment, and will make him therefore omnipresent and eventually open the door to omniscience. This next development of the Plan will produce in man an understanding – intelligent and co-operative – of the divine purpose.”

Bailey’s ideas in turn were taken up by the Scottish visionary Benjamin Creme, who, accepting Leadbeater’s identification of the Christ with Maitreya, the coming Buddha of Buddhism, announced in 1975 that Maitreya had already taken incarnation. In the years since, Creme has continued to assert that Maitreya, the “World Teacher is here – and needed.” Creme has even claimed that Maitreya appeared on American television, though when and in what identity is not specified.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Since I've been looking at Islam, I might as well add this section from the first article.
SANAT KUMARA IN ISLAM

Al-khidr.jpg
Al-khidr.jpg (33.6 KiB) Viewed 371 times

Sanat Kumara is referenced in the Koran, in Rumi’s poetry and in other Islamic work as El Khidr. Speaking of El Khdir, the Prophet Mohammed says, “I have seen my Lord in the most beautiful of forms.”

El Khdir preserves and maintains the Reality of the Golden Chain by training prophets and mystics to come to understand that, "Above every knower there is a greater knower." He is the benign presence of divine wisdom as imparted by the Divine himself through direct revelation. He makes sudden appearances to succor people in times of need and is hidden initiator to those who walk the mystical path. As spiritual head of the divinely instituted hierarchy of saints, he rules over ‘the Men of the Unseen” (rijalu’l-ghayb)—exalted saints and angels who transfer divine science, Theosophia, down through the ages.

It is believed that the Muslim veneration of El Khdir (Al Khizr) was initially adopted from Indian Sufis as a manifestation of the Hindu God Skanda, son of Shiva. At a shrine on the Indus near Bakhar, El Khdir is worshipped by both Hindus and Muslims who set afloat in a pond or river a little boat which bears a lighted lamp. In both Moslem and Hindu art, El Khdir is depicted as the figure of an aged man in a green coat carried on top of the water by a fish which conveys him over the river of life. This may also relate back to to the vesica pisces, a form resembling an Egyptan hieroglyph depicted as the "place between" where Christ steps out, with a mathematical ratio described by the Pythagorians as the "measure of the fish."

back-of-fish.jpg
back-of-fish.jpg (20.41 KiB) Viewed 371 times

The name El Khdir means “the green one,” and "eternal youth” who found immortality by drinking the Water of Life. According to the Book of Prophets, Mohammed said that El Khdir became known as such because he once sat on a barren white land which then turned luxuriantly green with vegetation.

El Khdir is referenced as the companion and teacher of Moses, Joshua and many other mystics and saints. He is associated with Hermes and Enoch, and with the ancient schools of the prophets attended by Elijah, Elisha and Samuel. These are described in the Apocalypse of Elias, a most sacred Essene apocryphal text that Jesus, Mary, John the Baptist and Joseph are said to have studied. He is also associated with the Jewish legend of the “Wandering Jew.”

Moses finds El Khdir where the two seas, or oceans, meet, which has been interpreted as perfect knowledge joining the exoteric and esoteric. The fish of wisdom, which was dead, comes alive in the presence of El Khdir and disappears in a ‘parting of the sea.’

A similar event takes place with Dhulqarnein (also known as Iskandar—related to Skanda), historically interpreted as Alexander the Great. Here, Dhulqarnein and El Khdir journey through the land of darkness to the ends of the earth to find the water of life. When they find this water, El Khdir partakes of it and both marvel at how the water of life revives the fish.

To seal mankind from the forces of Gog and Magog ravaging the land, El Kdhir asks Dhulqarnein to build a rampart that will stay up until the trumpet sounds for the final judgment, when the great harvest of souls takes place.

El Khdir can also be found in Kahf, the cave of revelation, where Moses meets him. Interestingly, Mount Qaf, where the water of life flows, is home of the Huma Bird, the Persian equivalent to the Phoenix who rises from the ashes.

In Jung and the 18th Sura, Carl Jung writes, “El Khdir may well be the symbol of the self. His qualities symbolize him as such; he is said to have been born in a cave, i.e. in darkness. He is the long lived one who continually renews himself, like Elijah. He is analogous to the second Adam. He is a counselor, a Paraclete, Brother Khdir. […]Khdir symbolizes not only a higher wisdom but also a way of acting.”

The intercession of El Kdhir is considered a great honor by many Sufis. The prayer below to be given before sleep 15 times invokes his presence so he can appear in a dream and advise the supplicator.

We have a connection to the "'Sovereign Pontiff', who is assisted by two colleagues, the 'Mahatma' and the 'Mahanga'" from the last post, which does play into the fish theme of the Papacy. I know we have Peter the fisherman, but Matthew was a tax collector and Luke a doctor, no one harps on about those occupations as proof of anything. But we can see how aspects of the fish god have been weaved into Christianity using Peter, and these don't appear to have a Biblical source.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160606061 ... biens.html
DAGON OR ARTAGIS

dagon.png

Dagon, Dagan, was the god of the Philistines. The idol was represented by the combination of a man and a fish. The name ‘Dagon’ is derived from the word ‘dag’ which means ‘fish’. Although there was deep affection on the part of the worshipers of Dagon, the symbol of a fish in human form was made to truly represent fertility and the life-giving powers of nature and reproduction. His name closely resembles that of ‘Dogon’ (see the god Nommo)

Dagon was a major northwest Semitic god, the god of grain and agriculture according to some sources, worshiped by the young Amorites, by the people of Ebla, by the people of Ugarit and was a chief god (may to be the chief god) of the Biblical Philistines. His name appears in Tiberian Hebrew as Dagon (modern translation), in Ugaritic as dgn (probably vocalized dagnou), and in Akkadian Dagana, Daguna which is generally translated Dagan in English/French.

dI7O3n_A4rPl8E9_HfmKtHNNq1I.jpg

Then we have the "Huma Bird", which is equivalent to the Phoenix, and I'm guessing using "the elevated glyph of Scorpio", the Eagle; which I've got to fancy also takes us back to Egypt and the Benben stone.

rachel wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:35 am A SON OF GOD

We know that the Benben Obelisk was the immemorial symbol of the Sun, worshipped in On or Anu, the Heliopolis of the Greeks, the "City of the pillar." According to the ancient tradition reflected in the Pyramid Texts, "the Spirit of the Sun visited the temple of the Sun from time to time, in the form of a Bennu bird, and alighted on the Ben-stone in the House of the Bennu in Anu." In recalling the Benben stone, Akhnaton, it would seem, wished to stress how deep were the roots of his exclusive cult of the Sun in the most revered tradition of Egypt. The worship of Aton, as we have seen, was evolved out of that of the god of On, the age-old sacred City of the Sun. And the "House of the Benben Obelisk" meant simply the main temple of the Sun in the king’s new capital, also a sacred City. But apart from that allusion there is, in the two hymns and in the prayer composed by Akhnaton and inscribed upon his coffin, and in the references to his Teaching in the courtier’s tombs, not a word which needs, on the part of the readers, any special knowledge of Egypt and of her beliefs, in order to be understood...

THE MYSTERIOUS STONE BENBEN FROM THE TEMPLE OF PHOENIX

In the religious worldview of the ancient Egyptians, a huge role was played by Benben. This is a conical stone, as scientists suggest, of extraterrestrial origin.

The Benben stone was discovered in the Temple of the Phoenix. He was the symbol of this bird, which was capable of resurrection and rebirth, and also personified the cyclical nature of the seasons. Scientists suggest that he once stood on a sacred column.

Usually in ancient Egyptian art the phoenix was depicted as a gray heron. Probably this was done because she carries out flights every year. there once existed such a belief: if a phoenix appeared in Heliopolis, then a new cycle or a new era begins. The Cult of the Stone Benben arose after the first appearance of the phoenix. The stone was probably considered by the Egyptians as the “seed” of the cosmic bird, for the root “ben” means fertilization.

Modern Egyptologists adhere to the version that the stone had a conical shape. On the earliest images of the stone Benben, where Phoenix sits on it, it can be seen that the stone is not at all pyramidal. The edges of the stone were rounded, so it looked more like a cone. And then the cone was replaced by pyramidion...

So we have El Khdir as the Green Man in both Moslem and Hindu art, "depicted as the figure of an aged man in a green coat carried on top of the water by a fish which conveys him over the river of life". And the odd quirk in English where we have similar names for a bird and a fish.

A HERON BIRD
Great+Blue+Heron+Bird+Wallpapers.jpg
A HERRING FISH
F508-Middling-Thread-Herring-4.jpg
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Interesting one by Hugo Talks.

THE HIJACKING OF JESUS / Hugo Talks

The bait-and-switch is so predictable. It's the stepping-stone to get to the One World Religion.

1993-parliament-3610450330.jpg
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I just came across this, and it confirms 911 isn't about two buildings in New York, rather the two buildings in New York played into code of 911. I'm not so interesting in Christian Science as the first World’s Parliament of Religions, more what the text tells us about the conference as a whole.

https://www.marybakereddylibrary.org/re ... religions/
From the Collections: Christian Science at the World’s Parliament of Religions

Panoramic view of the World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago, 1893
Panoramic view of the World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago, 1893

In conjunction with the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition, a groundbreaking interfaith conference took place in Chicago. The World’s Parliament of Religions opened on September 11, 1893, in an auxiliary hall that today houses the Art Institute of Chicago.1 For the first time in history, representatives of many faiths around the globe gathered, under the auspices of unity and brotherhood, to discuss religion.

The Parliament came to fruition through the collaborative efforts of Charles C. Bonney, an Illinois Supreme Court judge, and John Henry Barrows, a Presbyterian pastor from Chicago. While Barrows is rightfully credited with being its architect, it was the brainchild of Bonney. In a letter sent to religious leaders worldwide, the message of unity and acceptance for all religions was front and center:
  • We affectionately invite the representatives of all faiths to aid us in presenting to the world, at the Exposition of 1893, the religious harmonies and unities of humanity, and also in showing forth the moral and spiritual agencies which are at the root of human progress.
Although the message of unity among all religions was elevated as the ultimate goal, there was also criticism that the “Parliament itself was Christian-centric with a strong undercurrent of evangelization directed at the other religious leaders.” According to scholar Katherine Marshall, the event “brought together leading voices in the emerging religious studies field with theologians and religious leaders.”

Initially, some speculated that Christian Science would not be recognized as a denomination, thus excluding the religion entirely from the conversation on the world stage. Mary Baker Eddy was hesitant and skeptical concerning a presentation and display of her teachings in the exposition. The benefits of inclusion were evident, as well as the negative optics of the Church of Christ, Scientist, potentially being denied a space at the event.

Responding to requests for her presence in Chicago, Eddy was emphatic:
  • In reply to all the invitations from Chicago to share the hospitality of their beautiful homes at any time during the great wonder of the world ― the World’s Fair ― I say: Do not expect me, I have no desire to see or to hear what is offered upon this approaching occasion.
  • I have a world of Wisdom and Love to contemplate that concerns me and you infinitely beyond all earthly expositions or exhibitions. In return for your kindness, I earnestly invite you to its contemplation with me, and preparation to behold it.
The inclusion of Christian Science as a denomination at such a large level would provide Eddy’s new religion both exposure and acceptance. And the invitation for Christian Scientists to present an address allowed for the tenets of their faith to be shared on the world stage. This watershed moment would happen just one year after the reorganization of her fledgling church as The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist.

Eddy’s students were the leading force in her ultimate agreement for Christian Science to play any role in the conference. And through their continued perseverance, the church was indeed allotted a place at the event.

Once it became clear that there would be space and a platform provided, preparations began in earnest. While Eddy was reluctant to directly take part in the event, she nevertheless carefully guided the messaging to showcase the religion in the best possible light.

In a letter to her student William B. Johnson, Clerk of The Mother Church and a member of its Board of Directors, Eddy carefully designated the way she preferred the address to be prepared:
  • I desire you to select the very best, comprehensive quotations to be found in all my works …. Be careful to quote no passages that assail the religious beliefs of any sect….
  • My reasons for this are that “What is written, is written”. The texts are contained in these works, and I for one would not venture to depart from the fundamental teachings of these books with all the labor bestowed on them. I think that nothing can be said that would be more satisfactory, on the subject, that I have given out, to define in the manner aforesaid Christian Science.
A series of back-and-forth documents shows the progression of edits to the address. Eddy—along with Calvin Frye, her secretary, and Septimus J. Hanna, who was currently serving as pastor of The Mother Church and editor of The Christian Science Journal—carefully constructed the message that would be read at the Parliament on September 22.

As the theme of the conference centered on unity and brotherhood, the tone and title of the address—“Unity and Christian Science”—reflected the inclusive nature of the event.

The following excerpt integrates the conference theme with the basic tenets of Christian Science:
  • The universal brotherhood of man is a principal factor in Christian Science. Having one God is having one Father; and this Scientifically establishes the brotherhood of man. The first commandment of the Hebrew decalogue, understood, unfolds the true Principle of the brotherhood of man, and the impossibility for God’s children to have antagonistic minds and so war one with another. United in their Divine Principle they practice divinity, and so fulfill the scripture, “Be ye perfect even as your Father which is in Heaven is perfect.”[
Additionally, by creating the connections between the Scriptures and Christian Science—as is seen in the next passage, as well as the one above—Eddy provided the audience with a rich historical precedent for Christian Science:
  • The Hebrew term which gives another letter to the word God, and makes it Good, unites Science and Christianity; whereby we learn that Good is universal, and the Divine Principle, Life, Truth, Love. This Triune Good is reached through goodness, — through Mind instead of matter; Soul instead of sense, understanding and demonstration.
The address received an enthusiastic response. Eddy and her students were initially exuberant. According to biographer Robert Peel, “The whole household, including Mrs. Eddy herself, was caught up in a tide of jubilation as reports came in of the excellent impression made by the Christian Science presentation in general and her paper in particular.”

But, unfortunately, events did not go off without a hitch. Hanna submitted the address for publication expressly against Eddy’s orders. And although it was a compilation of excerpts from Eddy’s published writings, the speech was printed as Hanna’s own work. While immediate steps were taken to rectify the mistake, Hanna’s misstep further solidified Eddy’s resolve to keep the address out of publication.

There were also requests to have the Christian Science address included in The History of The World’s Parliament of Religions by John Henry Barrows.

Eddy explained her opposition to this in a letter to Bonney:
  • My address read by Judge Hanna before the Parliament of Religions was copyrighted. This renders the newspapers publishers of it legally responsible….
  • A word further. I was in the first instance opposed to having my students in Christian Science (which number many thousands) take part in the World’s Fair. Christian Science inculcates spiritual love for all men but no worldliness. I fear the ambition of my students was touched. As it is I decline to have my aforesaid Address published in the World’s Fair book which is to contain these matters.
  • My God demands of me to come out from the world and touch not the objects which can in any way deviate my spiritual sense from peace and good will.
Eventually, through continued correspondence and cajoling on the part of her Chicago student Edward A. Kimball, Eddy agreed that an abridged version of the address could be included in the publication of Barrows’s compilation. The first and second volumes of this work are included in The Mary Baker Eddy Library’s Chestnut Hill Books collection.

Peel contends that “far from making for greater unity between Christian Science and the traditional Christian churches, the Parliament of Religions crystallized opposition against Mrs. Eddy and the Church of Christ, Scientist.” He points to Eddy’s longstanding apprehensions about participation as stemming from a perception more finely tuned than even capable adherents such as Hanna and Kimball could fully grasp at the time—that the net effect of the Church’s participation at the Parliament could be negative:
  • More than eighty years later many of the hints in Mrs. Eddy’s letters come clear. When social historians refer back to the Parliament of Religions, they almost unanimously see its chief or sole significance in its popular introduction of Oriental religion to America. If Christian Science is mentioned at all—and this is rare indeed—it is in the context of the impression made by such non-Christian exotica as the Vedanta, Baha’i, and those arcane forms of Oriental thought hitherto represented to Americans by Theosophy.
It would be another hundred years before, at the event’s 1993 centennial, the modern interfaith movement would spring from seeds sown in Chicago. But Christian Scientists immediately learned some stiff—and useful—lessons on what it could mean for their growing religion to be introduced on a world stage.

September 11, 1893, fancy that.

1893.png
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Since Vedanta was highlighted in the last post. We can see the ONENESS philosophy.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Vedanta
Vedanta, one of the six systems (darshans) of Indian philosophy. The term Vedanta means in Sanskrit the “conclusion” (anta) of the Vedas, the earliest sacred literature of India. It applies to the Upanishads, which were elaborations of the Vedas, and to the school that arose out of the study (mimamsa) of the Upanishads. Thus, Vedanta is also referred to as Vedanta Mimamsa (“Reflection on Vedanta”), Uttara Mimamsa (“Reflection on the Latter Part of the Vedas”), and Brahma Mimamsa (“Reflection on Brahman”).

The three fundamental Vedanta texts are: the Upanishads (the most favoured being the longer and older ones such as the Brihadaranyaka, the Chandogya, the Taittiriya, and the Katha); the Brahma-sutras (also called Vedanta-sutras), which are very brief, even one-word interpretations of the doctrine of the Upanishads; and the Bhagavadgita (“Song of the Lord”), which, because of its immense popularity, was drawn upon for support of the doctrines found in the Upanishads.

No single interpretation of the texts emerged, and several schools of Vedanta developed, differentiated by their conceptions of the nature of the relationship, and the degree of identity, between the eternal core of the individual self (atman) and the absolute (brahman). Those conceptions range from the non-dualism (Advaita) of the 8th-century philosopher Shankara to the theism (Vishishtadvaita; literally, “Qualified Non-dualism”) of the 11th–12th-century thinker Ramanuja and the dualism (Dvaita) of the 13th-century thinker Madhva.

The Vedanta schools do, however, hold in common a number of beliefs: the transmigration of the self (samsara) and the desirability of release from the cycle of rebirths; the authority of the Veda on the means of release; that brahman is both the material (upadana) and the instrumental (nimitta) cause of the world; and that the self (atman) is the agent of its own acts (karma) and therefore the recipient of the fruits (phala), or consequences, of action. All the Vedanta schools unanimously reject both the non-Vedic, “nay-saying” (nastika) philosophies of Buddhism and Jainism and the conclusions of the other Vedic, “yea-saying” (astika) schools (Nyaya, Vaisheshika, Samkhya, Yoga, and, to some extent, the Purva Mimamsa).

The influence of Vedanta on Indian thought has been profound. Although the preponderance of texts by Advaita scholars has in the West given rise to the erroneous impression that Vedanta means Advaita, the non-dualistic Advaita is but one of many Vedanta schools.

https://blog.yogaveler.com/yoga-meditat ... a-vedanta/
Advaita Vedanta is one of the most well-known schools of Hindu philosophy. It takes the non-dualistic approach to spiritual enlightenment and liberation which in the context of spiritual realization, refers to the belief that the true self, known as the atman, is the same as the ultimate reality in the universe, known as brahman.

Advaita Vedanta is a vast area of study and scholars and seekers devote their entire lives to this pursuit. The word ‘Advaita’ literally means non-duality or non-separateness. And Vedanta comes from two words – “veda”, which are the oldest scriptures of Hinduism, and “anta”, which means end. Vedanta is therefore the end of the vedas, and contains the essence of all its teachings.

What are the main teachings of Advaita Vedanta?
The teachings of Advaita Vedanta revolve around the concept of atman (the inner self), brahman (the absolute reality), and maya (the illusion that keeps us in the cycle of birth and death).

Here we talk about the four main teachings of Advaita Vedanta.

1. INDIVIDUALITY IS AN ILLUSION
  • Advaita Vedanta says that there is no individual self.
  • All that is considered to be the individual is unreal and an illusion due to the presence of limiting factors like the body and our own ignorance.
  • At the time of Mukti, which means reaching the state of enlightenment and liberation), the atman becomes one with brahman.
  • The moment the sense of identity, which comes from the body and the mind, disappears, the separation between atman and brahman ceases to exist.
2. THERE ARE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF REALITY
  • Brahman is infinite and indivisible, and, therefore, devoid of all attributes, which means it cannot be described.
  • At the same time, according to Vedic texts, brahman is also the cause of the universe.
  • If Brahman is the only reality, and the world of which it is the cause is finite and material, the challenge lies in explaining this incompatible relationship between the two.
  • The solution to this problem of understanding the relationship between a non-dual brahman and a dual world was solved by Shankara, who consolidated the doctrine of Advaita Vedanta, by putting forth the view of a two-level reality.
  • At the empirical level, it is believed that Brahman manifests as the world but through its mysterious power of illusion or Maya.
  • The absolute level is where brahman keeps to its true nature of non-duality and infinite awareness.
  • Its nature of pure consciousness is present in all beings in the form of the Atman.
3. THE WORLD IS UNREAL
  • If brahman is the sole reality, by extension, the world becomes unreal.
  • Two arguments are used in Advaita Vedanta to support this view.
    1. Brahman is unchanging and eternal; the corollary being that what is changing is impermanent and what is impermanent cannot be real.
    2. The second argument states that because the object and the subject cannot be the same, to know an object, we need consciousness, which makes consciousness the subject. However, consciousness, in itself, does not need anything to be known, as it is self-luminous. Therefore, all objects fall into the category of “unconscious”.
  • A relationship between all that is unconscious and pure consciousness cannot exist.
  • Hence, the world is false but this becomes known only when the absolute truth is realized.
4. THERE IS NON-DUALITY IN CONSCIOUSNESS AND KNOWLEDGE
  • Advaita Vedanta posits that consciousness and knowledge are one and non-dual.
  • Consciousness or cit, and pure knowledge, or jñana, are self-existent; they are independent of body and mind and exist by themselves.
  • For a detailed understanding of the main teachings of Advaita Vedanta, you could read what Swami Bhajanananda shares about the philosophy.
  • So, is Advaita Vedanta merely a school of philosophy or is it a religion? Let’s find out.
Is Advaita Vedanta a religion?
Advaita Vedanta is not a religion but a school of Hindu philosophy. It is a guide to attain spiritual realization. Anyone, of any religion and faith, can follow the path and use the principles of Advaita Vedanta for spiritual enlightenment and liberation. It does not lay down any rules for those practicing to follow a particular religion.

Hindu philosophy encompasses six systems, Vedanta being one of them, and Advaita Vedanta being a sub-school of Vedanta. The word for philosophy in Hinduism is Darshana, which comes from a Sanskrit word meaning “to see” or “to experience”. Therefore, these philosophies were not created as a religion but as world views and teachings to get on the path to spiritual realization.

Does Advaita Vedanta believe in god?
Advaita Vedanta does not believe in an outside god. On the contrary, Advaita Vedanta says that liberation is possible in one’s current lifetime. One who is liberated does not believe or not believe in god. There is neither acceptance nor denial of the existence of god. The only thing that matters is knowledge of the self.

What Advaita Vedanta believes in is Brahman or the absolute reality. Brahman is all there is and the atman of every being is Brahman. There is nothing other than brahman, which, by extension, means that there is no god.

How old is Advaita Vedanta?
Advaita Vedanta is the oldest sub-school of Vedanta and one of the oldest schools of Hindu philosophy. Though the exact time of its origins is not known, its roots can be traced to as back as the 1st millennium BCE. However, it was Adi Shankara who consolidated the doctrine of Advaita Vedanta. The official time of his presence in the world is accepted as 788-820 CE.

What is the difference between Vedanta and Upanishads?
There is no difference between Vedanta and Upanishads. Vedanta is the more commonly used term compared to Upanishads, which contain the anta, or the end of the vedas, thus capturing the essence and the knowledge of the vedas. With time, however, the philosophy of Vedanta widened to include philosophical traditions not only from the Upanishads, but also from the Bhagavad Gita and the Brahma Sutras.

The Upanishads are considered to be the heard and repeated foundation of Vedanta, the Brahma Sutras the reason-based foundation of Vedanta, and the Bhagavad Gita the remembered tradition foundation of Vedanta.

In closing
The study of Advaita Vedanta can shine a light on the nature of reality, the illusion of the material, and the significance of the self. It can help us find the answer to the most elusive question – who am I.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

So, as part of the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition which took place in Chicago, we have "a groundbreaking interfaith conference. The World’s Parliament of Religions opened on September 11, 1893." As part of this we have the first direct reference to Baha’i and Theosophy blending with Christianity...interfaith. This is before the League of Nations which, just checking, came into existence on the "10 January 1920 by the Paris Peace Conference that ended the First World War".

And just to show it is all part of the same plan, Chicago 1993. Together with UN World Citizenship held in New York in June that same year under Agenda 21.

https://parliamentofreligions.org/parli ... 3-chicago/
There Is No Better Time Than Now For This To Happen Again

interfaith_1993_parliament_poster-db6fe8b8.png

In 1993, the Parliament of the World’s Religions was convened in Chicago, with 8,000 people from all over the world coming together to celebrate diversity and harmony and to explore religious and spiritual responses to the critical issues which confront us all.

Originally organized by a group of people of different faiths planning a centenary celebration of the 1893 World’s Parliament of Religions, the Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions was incorporated as a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and furthering this legacy. The Council, now recognized as simply the Parliament of the World’s Religions, hosted the centennial celebration in the birthplace of the modern interfaith movement, the City of Chicago.

At the 1993 Parliament, an Assembly of 250 religious and spiritual leaders endorsed a groundbreaking document, Towards a Global Ethic: An Initial Declaration.

And already quoted 1993 and Sustainable Development, and the NGO bandwagon of stealing the world for its carbon-credit ponzi scheme.
rachel wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:20 pm The United Nations itself says openly that the government is the spiritual basis for the creation of the New World Order:
  • 22) Global Ethics: “We affirm that a common set of core values is found in the teachings of religions, and these form the basis for a global ethics. There are old guidelines for human behavior, which are found in the teachings of the religions of the world and that is the condition for a sustainable world order” – The statement “For a global ethics” by Parliament of the World’s Religions held in Chicago in 1993.

As an aside, it is interesting to note, the Baha'i Faith is formally introduced to America at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair and 19 years later (one complete moon cycle) ʻAbdu'l-Bahá participates in the 1912 ground-breaking ceremony that laid a cornerstone of the Baháʼí House of Worship, Wilmette, Illinois.