fakeologist
Site Admin

Re: MrE on David Bowie.

Unread post by fakeologist »

Rich coming from Ricky
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

This is the Sky News report taking to Jack Stephen on David Bowie death.

This is Jack's smile as he is introduced. Smug bastard. :D

ScreenShot-VideoID-gVCh5X688RQ-TimeS-6.png

Interesting, 'Fortress Music', not 'Fortune Music'. And the embedded video above is from the Fortress Music youtube account. It is the only video on that account. And the first comment on the above video...
Some balls, David Bowie doing an obituary on himself.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reference... David Bowie: 8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016

Youtube account creation: Joined 8 Nov 2015
Website linked: http://www.fortress-music.com/ - now a redirect to a holding page
Fortress was established in 2013 by two industry veterans, Jack Steven and Larry Little.

Jack has more than 40 years experience in the music industry spanning the globe and is regarded as one of the great A&R people; with not only the capabilities of discovering new artists, but more importantly building innovative business structures to nurture their talent and develop their long-term creative careers.

Larry is about as unique in vision and soul as they come. He has an unbelievable amount of knowledge about music, past and present, and a true passion for the things he believes in. Basically, he makes things happen in the way that most people talk about.

Fortress’ main focus is on the management of artists, with a team culture where artists’ interests are paramount.
------

I always like having a little look around this stuff, as invariably it is quite fascinating.

First capture on the wayback machine 15 January 2015, so it likely went live just before the death announcement, yet it holds dates that imply it has a history.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160115143 ... music.com/

Last live capture 17 August 2018, though the last listed date on page is 'January 19th, 2017'.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180817001 ... music.com/

The 16 January 20019 capture is a "Website under maintenance" which it never recovers from and then ceases to exist.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190116102 ... music.com/

-----

You'll notice there seems to be some interference on the screen throughout that Sky report. Not interference, it's an effects filter similar to the Apple ones you get on their webcam app. It runs the filter effect where it recognises a face. The following being the point, though the person who designed it, didn't want to make this too apparent.

David-Bowie-ziggy-stardust1.png
Ziggy Stardust
Ziggy Stardust
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

My mistake 'Jack Steven', as in 'Steve Jobs'.

The gender-bending continues...one of the links I spotted on that fortress-music site.

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-19_140852_web.archive.org.png
the_orwells_js_271016.jpg

The Orwells - They Put A Body In The Bayou [Official Video]
dirtybenny

Unread post by dirtybenny »

Great observation, Rachel, on the Aladdin Sane lightning bolt on JACK.

Jack, the English Trickster/Fool

"I'm starting to experiment with the idea looking at possible pagan roots behind English folk culture- fairy tales, ballads and legends. One that comes to mind is there are seemingly countless stories, songs and nursery rhymes with characters named Jack in them. They are not necessarily the same figure- Jack being a nickname for John is a kind of “everyman” archetypal young Englishman- even their flag is called the Union Jack. But what they generally have in common is that Jack is a trickster, a thief, and a fool. The series of graphic novels- Fables features various characters from fairy tales and nursery rhymes, including Jack, who is a composite of many of these tricksters."

Jack & the Beanstalk, Giant-Killer are the most well-known fairy tales. There are many that are traditionally told in the Appalachian Mountain region of the U.S. and some of these likely have roots in England and Scotland. Here is a web page of Jack Tales, and another specifically for the Appalachian stories.

Jack of all trades, but master of none- a saying, once again referring to Jack’s foolishness.

In cards the Joker is sometimes called Jack, corresponding to the Fool in a Tarot deck.

Jack-in-the-box- a wind-up toy, when Jack pops out, he usually depicted as a jester.

Jack in the Green- figure in May Day parades & pageants- a person (or effigy) covered in garlands & greenery, and pulls pranks. He is sometimes identified with the Green Man, Puck/Robin Goodfellow, and the Green Knight in Arthurian legend. He also appeared in other spring celebrations: Easter Monday, St. George’s Day (April 23) and Whitsuntide (Pentecost)

Jack Frost- a spirit of winter, who paints the leaves red, orange and yellow in the fall, and patterns of frost on windows.

Jack o’ Kent– wizard/magician who often beats the Devil in bets & games. (this is another common folk theme) Stingy Jack also fools the Devil- this is an Irish legend said to be the origin of the Jack o’ Lantern

https://paganleft.wordpress.com/2013/05 ... ksterfool/

"Jack be nimble,"
BY MOTHER GOOSE
Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick,
Jack jump over
The candlestick.

Jumpin' Jackflash

which leads to another ridiculous pop music lyric story.

“When you get a riff like ‘Flash,’ you get a great feeling of elation, a wicked glee,” the guitarist said. “I can hear the whole band take off behind me every time I play ‘Flash’ – there’s this extra sort of turbo overdrive. You jump on the riff and it plays you. Levitation is probably the closest analogy to what I feel.” Keith RIchards

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/rolling-st ... -the-song/

Mick Jagger revealed in 1995 to Rolling Stone that the essence of the song is about snapping out of that previous period and returning to their sonic home. He said that the song arose “out of all the acid of Satanic Majesties. It’s about having a hard time and getting out. Just a metaphor for getting out of all the acid things.”

Sure, Mick....

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas! Gas! Gas
I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag
I was schooled with a strap right across my back
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas! Gas! Gas
I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead
I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled
I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I was crowned with a spike right thru my head
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas! Gas! Gas
Jumping Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumping Jack Flash
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Yep, I think you are on to something.

You missed one. :)

The House that Jack Built

Tracy Young...think she's female, from Bowie clone to woman impersonator look.

DJTracyYoung1-768x768.jpg
Unreal

Unread post by Unreal »

You'll notice there seems to be some interference on the screen throughout that Sky report. Not interference, it's an effects filter similar to the Apple ones you get on their webcam app. -Rachel
-
Great catch on the 77 Z stardust video effect Rachel.
-
The Jack Stevens eulogy appearance on TV is a very apparent show off. Quite peculiar why this impersonation and undead lifetime actor is even debated as being a valid case - and also howcome this cameo isn't more central in analysing the staged celebrity Muppet Show we witness.
-
One important aspect of the Jack Stevens TV appearance would be the Elite dupers delight and thus the attachment of a lifetime actor to his character. The fact there is such an attachment would seem natural as Bowie has been a major cultural icon and that the role has been very intensive with a lot of live presence and high level artistic performance.
-
The point here then might be that with the attachment shown by the Jack Stevens stunt, it seems most likely Bowie was all the time impersonated by the same actor, and that celebrity lifetime actors in important roles with artistic skills are preferably played by the same individual - when possible.
-
Again, the Jack Stevens cameo above seems to prove Bowie was always the same actor - despite some suspect Bowie has been changed multiple times over the years.