Did the Elite write the Bible?

YouCanCallMeAl

Re: Did the Elite write the Bible?

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

rachel wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:23 am...because I was hoping you might consider why the Book's content so offends you. Do you want to kill people, steal from them, sleep with their wives, lie to people? I suspect none of the above, so you should ask yourself what it is that is so offensive about the Book that every head of Christian denominations ignore anyway.
But why would anyone seek to replace their reason, heart, intuition, conscience, with what it says in a book?!? A book, that like any writing, is open to interpretation. That many Christians will concede has been written and edited by men. Around here we know better than to accept "knowledge" as that which is presented on screens, but apparently, when it comes to morality and spirituality that's a different story. Why?
YouCanCallMeAl

rachel wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:31 am I would strongly suggest you consider Peter Hitchens argument. I think his logic has merit.

Peter Hitchens | God DOES Exist
Peter Hitchens asks, 'why would you want there not to be a god'?

I couldn't answer for anyone else, but for myself, I do want there to be a god.

But, that question talks to something entirely different to my issues with god - it is the wrong question. Why must it be Jesus that takes all the 'air' in this conversation/line of thinking? Are there other possibilities? Must I stamp out my intuition and personal exploration and instead be imprinted with an idea from a story that cannot be verified? Must I step away from personal experience, into a world of trusting this special story and having "faith"? Is it possible that there is more than 1 god? Does god have to be good?

What I think would be a more interesting question, if we accept that Christianity is a control mechanism for some part of the masses/normies, is whether it is a good or bad idea to remove that control mechanism? Are the normies/masses able to take care of themselves; are they responsible?

An alternative interesting question, for the individual this time, is whether one is able to live outside of all provided stories and find a meaning to one's life? Should one even try this, or are we by nature a herd animal, finding happiness in a shared belief?

PS - Sorry to intrude on a to and fro between @rachel and @Grand Illusion - I'm certainly interested to hear more thoughts on this topic.
Grand Illusion

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

rachel wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:23 am
Do you remember the Two Door riddle in Labyrinth?

This is what the plain word of the Bible does, and this is why the people at the top of Christianity spiritualise the writings away. Else gnostics tell you the Bible is about codes, stars or men with buckets. If the Bible is a fraud then the whole of Christianity is a fraud, the Pope is a fraud and anything that institution gets behind is also a fraud which includes the UN, the WHO, the EU, etc, etc, you can continue picking off the organisations indefinitely.
It's all a whopper of a lie. This is the Devil's Playground @rachel. What else do you expect? It's up to people to realize we are surrounded by illusions, even about spirituality.
rachel wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:23 am
I responded to your first statement with...
rachel wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:13 pm What would you like to do that is different to what is set out in the Bible, @Grand Illusion ?
...because I was hoping you might consider why the Book's content so offends you. Do you want to kill people, steal from them, sleep with their wives, lie to people? I suspect none of the above, so you should ask yourself what it is that is so offensive about the Book that every head of Christian denominations ignore anyway.
Rachel, how does the heads of Christian denominations ignoring the Bible give any credence to the Bible? Do you see the division that creates instead? Some people fall for the cons of the Bible and some people will fall for the cons of following the priests of different religions. People divided over which con is the truth. This goes on even with 9/11. We are given many Pied Pipers to follow for the truth of 9/11. Just because one guy talking about the truth on 9/11 is controlled opposition doesn't translate into the other 9/11 truth person being correct. They can both be controlled opposition and wrong.

The bottom line is don't follow anyone. Try to come to your own opinions based off of your spiritual experiences and observations. If you need a book to tell you how to be spiritual, then you will never find the truth about what goes on in reality and the spiritual reality. There would be no purpose to living if all the answers to spirituality are in the Bible. I think we need to use what the creator God gave each one of us to figure out what this place is all about. God didn't design us to follow anyone or books. We are given the abilities to grasp what is going on if we choose to. Otherwise, the Devil's tricks are there to make people ignorant, for those that rather be followers and made into zombies.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

YouCanCallMeAl wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:38 pm What I think would be a more interesting question, if we accept that Christianity is a control mechanism for some part of the masses/normies, is whether it is a good or bad idea to remove that control mechanism? Are the normies/masses able to take care of themselves; are they responsible?

Other than talking to the likes of me, have you any indication that Christianity is still a thing in the UK? When other than discussing it as an abstract concept on forums have you come into ordinary daytime contact with it? Granted I worked in secular higher education. I never came into contact with it there, Islam yes, atheism yes, Christianity no. Maybe where you live it is different.

You lived through the COVID years, where do you think it fits into Christianity? Or do you think it is irrelevant? I have my views. Do you know what the actual gospel is. I feel we always have an argument about apples, when Christianity is really about Oranges. If you follow the Christian life you should have the strength to tell other people and institutions to butt out of your business because it is between you and God. Christianity is not collectivism, and that is why "The way', since Justinian, has always been controlled and subverted by the State.

I see these back and forths as pointless really because it is not in my power to convince you of anything, that is between you and God, and this is why I keep coming back to, the best thing to do is ask yourself. I can tell you what I believe, and I can tell you what the scriptures say to the best of my knowledge, but everything else is your choice. If you are a Christian you can claim the promises Jesus offers, and in doing that you can see how your life changes. Else don't.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

@Grand Illusion, you are free to hold whatever opinion you like. I agree.
YouCanCallMeAl

I do know a few Christians. But they all tow the government line, regardless of their private opinions. It is the default belief system people go to, once they become disillusioned with modern 'reality'. How many times do we see people who have read the Bible or listened to Jay Dyer or something,, and now they know this or that? They don't have doubts, will tell you how it is - so certain, and yet so uncritical of the new story. It mostly seems that there is no real discernment being applied - modern culture was so bad that the old culture must be the truth, is the whole of the reasoning.

Covid for me was a sort of stamping of governmental authority on all religions. All these churches, temples shut - or worse, they became vaccination centers! Amazing.

I also agree the bible chat can go round and round. Ultimately, I've no problem when faith or whatever is based in personal experience - to thyself be true. I try to be quiet about the whole thing - but I'll admit that when people start pushing all the stuff they believe as knowledge, I feel prompted to say something! There are other (more) reasonable options to consider than Christianity.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Each of us can but travel one path. The stuff I post up here is mostly in real time. If you look at my views at the start of Bahai Movers and Shakers, it is quite different to where I currently am. In reading a precis of the Persian Bayan content I am convinced that's where the West is heading. The hate speech law concepts parallel the Persian Bayan. The Universal House of Justice has forbidden people to translate any of the Bab's works into other languages. I've read this from ex-Baha'is who while in the faith naturally wanted to study all the works, and while requesting either "where are the English copies" or "can I translate sections" hit a very frosty nerve, including excommunication.

Baha'i excommunication itself is very similar to what doctors faced when trying to speak out about Covid, further convincing me that rather than being under Christianity, we are now under Baha'i rule. Then looking at the Bab's claims, he stated he was the Imam Mahdi. If so, it is not the last we've seen of him and that fits with so many other things. I'll expand on that in the other thread eventually.

Finally, something interesting about The Bab, the word is pronounced BOB.

Might be nothing. :|
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

rachel wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:53 pm @Grand Illusion, you are free to hold whatever opinion you like. I agree.
that's going a bit too far in my opinion
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I liked that @napoleon.

----------

On a different subject I've just found out that Michael S. Heiser has "died". Need to put my fakeologist hat on for that one. He was apparently 60... which I find a little hard to believe. Even stranger, I don't see any indication on his youtube channel when he died. It was apparently in February, but videos are still being cranked out on youtube, the last one five days ago, the wording such that if you didn't know he was dead, you wouldn't realise from the description on that video.

It reminds me of Annette Carrion, apparently dead, but someone logged into her youtube account and deleted all the RIP posts, so there is now just lots of "oh, isn't that a wonderful bike", "you're so beautiful", etc, etc. I looked at it at the time and as I remember those comments were probably there before her death, and it's just the subsequent comments that have been removed and the comments section locked, the last ones from five years ago.

Back to Michael Heiser, I am rather sad he is no more, but like Rob Skiba, he's got a fair bit of content attached to that name. Anyway, I thought I post this here. I go on about the Trinity being a deception, Heiser gives a good description of what it is actually about. If you understand the model then it is possible to get to a trinity concept, but the reductionism of the Athanasian creed statement creates a mystery where a usurper can take the position that is rightfully ours.

Where the Holy Spirit fits in the Bible's Supernatural Narrative
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

This is Revisionism of the Revisionism.

POLISH FILM EXPOSING MARTIN LUTHER NOW AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH
https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/art ... in-english

To be fair, I think the intro of the film nails it, "The king robbed from the Church, the king robbed what once belonged to the Church, he dethroned the Pope and put himself in his place and said he will be head of the Church".

But where did the Church get all its wealth from? Oh yes, the Church robbed the people and made them fight its wars, so it could rob more places. And then it made deals with Bankers and cut them in, all while it sat pretending to be God. If it wasn't so weighed down with corruption, the Reformation would not have collapsed it. That was Europe in unison saying, "We're not playing your game any more."

How soon we forget. And what's the game, look at Indulgences 2.0, the Carbon Credit System where, where bankers get their cut and the rich get to purchase Absolution while everybody else in the world gets fucked over.

Hail, Caesar!