wisecore & wakestyle

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.

what do you think of wisecore & wakestyle ?

Poll runs till Sun Dec 29, 2024 11:54 pm

they are my styles !
100%
not my thing, but cool you spread their message
No votes
I have no ear for music, sorry
No votes

Total votes: 1

aSHIFT.

wisecore & wakestyle

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

I think this chat section is a good place for this maybe for some chatty topic, but for me it is essential in both my productions and long musical experience.

early this year I invented these two Newspeak words to refer to collections of truthful, wisdom spreading, awake (NOT "woke", that fake scripted cancer culture sh*t) lyrics.

wisecore - wise & wake lyrics in hardcore (160+ BPM) songs
wakestyle - wake & wise lyrics in hardstyle (~150 BPM) songs

in quite some cases the titles of the songs in hardstyle & hardcore already give the message away, but not in every case.

In this thread I will share some of what I consider the best examples of these styles that I subdefined for us.

In some cases famous lyrics from movies make their way into the music (moviecore and filmstyle), in other cases the hardstyle or hardcore producer do what I very much like to do as well, reverse the Satanism.

most of these songs I use in my productions, published either via Anchor at the popular podcast platforms and/or at my Patreon page, some for free, some for matrons only

first examples to enjoy are on Fakeotube:
Pieces of Mindful Fakeologists who are aLOUD. - CLIMATE CHANGE

aSHIFT. - take control over your OWN life

the more we are, the more we share
the more we share, the more we are

listen to Eye AM Eye Radio
aSHIFT.

Re: wisecore & wakestyle

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

just a peek at the song titles of some of what I consider the best wisecore around
tells you all you need to understand what I talk about
and mix with our GEMz at Eye am Eye Radio we are aLOUD.

lyrics are linked

Furyan & Angerfist - HOAX
Miss K8 & Angerfist - New World Order
Miss K8 & Angerfist - Divide & Conquer
Angerfist & Restrained - You Ain't Real
Rebelion ft. Tha Watcher - Fake Shit
Mad Dog & D-Passion - Power To The People

aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

Angerfist & Miss K8

were the inspiration for the name wisecore

because only through their song Bogotá I learned of Miss K8

I was a long time Angerfist fan, but not up to date with all their great great music before

they made the series of 3 syncnificant cities of my life

Madrid
Santiago
Bogotá

the chance this happens with 3 cities, even considering my former travels "all over the world", but missing a LOT of famous places, like Bangkok or NYC, is so small, that it is Synchronicity - Syncnificance

I first lived in a different country, grew up really, danced and flirted my a$$ off and learned my 3rd natural language in Madrid

Santiago was the city we first landed as fiancees, my beautiful esposina for life and me, Fakeo Famous Paolita....

and Bogotá, well...

enjoy these three meaningful, insightful, syncnificant and inspiring lyrics from an absolute Power Couple from the Netherlands and Ukraine !

Madrid
How can we inspire people, and ourselves

Madrid [2x]

Hardcore

I'm talking about feeling empowered

That's different
Beyond boundaries
What a theme, huh?
To do it not because they tell us
But because we want to
That's powerful

Madrid Hardcore [5x]

Beyond boundaries
What a theme, huh?
To do it not because they tell us
But because we want to
That's powerful

Madrid [4x]
Hardcore

I'm talking about feeling empowered
That's different

Santiago
Power that making a choice has

You know, rather than feeling like you're an effect to all the things that are happening

Make a choice

Just decide what it's gonna be
Who you're gonna be
How you are going to do it
Just decide

And from that point, the universe will get out of your way

[..]

Santiago

Make a choice

Bogotá
Bogotá [?x]

I want to represent an idea, possibilities
I want to represent the idea that I can create whatever I want to create
This is what I believe and I'm willing to die for it

Bogotá

I want to represent the idea that I can create whatever I want to create

Possibilities

Bogotá

aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

mixed wakestyle lyrics

511 Black Mirror Society Phuture Noize wakestyle NED 2018 A 150 LYR
512 The Aftershock Phuture Noize wakestyle NED 2017 A 150 LYR
513 Puff the Green Stuff Showtek wakestyle NED 2006 B 150 LYR
514 Million Miles Away Dutch Master wakestyle NED 2010 A 150 LYR
519 Double Dutch Darkies TNT wakestyle ITA 2008 F# 150 LYR
520 The Sacrifice Headhunterz wakestyle NED 2006 F# 150 LYR
521 Live The Moment JDX ft. Sarah Maria wakestyle NED 2009 F# 150 LYR
522 JDX ft. Sarah Maria - Live The Moment Hardstyle Pianist pianostyle NED 2016 F# 150

lyrics linked at Fakeopedia

and the GEMz also

enjoy !

ZANDVOORTs GEVAL 2 - MAX LIVING the MOMENT

aSHIFT.

why wakestyle is not techno (but in a sense it is)

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

why is wakestyle (and other hardstyle) NOT techno
  1. reverse bass - the unique characteristic of hardstyle - hence Reverze (the name of a hardstyle festival and recurring GEM at Eye AM Eye Radio)
  2. BPM aka Tempo - Hardstyle is typically 150-155 BPM, while techno is 124 (minimal & latinimal) to 140s (hardtechno, 90s techno)
  3. structure - hardstyle is not monotonous, while techno by definition is
  4. energy - relates to former, hardstyle, just like hardcore, is constantly working towards highs, while techno is not, is the most trancy music, not trance, ironically
  5. originz - hardstyle comes a.o. from techno (German & Dutch), but more from hardcore (Dutch & Italian) and trance (Dutch) and influences of other styles - the Italian part especially I love in both wisecore (e.g. Mad Dog) and wakestyle (esp. Technoboy & Tuneboy, Zatox), you recognize the "italian" dramatic classical music origins throughout, something I particularly love, having had that classic musical upbringing
  6. MCs - the only electronic music genre (see below) that uses MCs, also very not for techno...
  7. participation - just like MCs and rappers, imagine, live at Qlimax, having a symphonic orchestra playing, for 28.000 people (in horrific acoustics, unfortunately the GelreDome is not made for concerts) that you don't see at techno...
  8. parties - visit a techno party, doen't matter the style, and compare that with a hardstyle party, festival or part of a bigger electronic festival and you see, feel, experience the difference
  9. people - here also, people who like hardstyle parties usually don't like techno parties and the ones who like techno parties hate hardstyle parties, generally speaking. It is 2 worlds. At hardstyle parties you talk with others, socialize, have fun. At techno parties everyone is inside themselves and one with the music, no disturbance appreciated
  10. substances - every music style goes hand in hand with certain substances, that famous jazz night (one of the few music styles I detest) in Yerevan with whiskey (also an alcoholic drink I don't like) made perfect sense. The same for xtc or some psycho-active variant of it (2-cb etc. thank you Sasha Shulgin!). At techno parties you can also find mdma in HOlland, but typically speed in Germany, the absolute birthplace of ALL techno, in the biggest sense.
  11. sentiment - the accumulation of all the former and more - it just feels SO different, you wouldn't confuse hardstyle with techno, and yet....
why all electronic music and thus hardstyle is techno

in the end all electronically made music, or using elements of that, I'd say you can call techno. The origins of it do not come from Detroit or so, like they claim, no electronically produced music is such a typical German invention. Kraftwerk is a famous name, but how many amateurs were there not in the late 70s and early 80s experimenting with what technology provided to make new music....

but also here

techno is mostly purely techno, electronically produced music, completely with Ableton Live or alternatives, at most accompanied by live recorded voices, but mostly those get distorted too, electrified, technolized ?

hardstyle has more elements of other origins, like the BAND and HIP HOP roots that I named in the musiversity thread here

band as in voices or rock samples
hip hop as in the abundant use of samples. Sampling is the root of HIP HOP and wakestyle and wisecore are the hip hop of electronic music

why wakestyle isn't techno

the titles of wisecore and wakestyle say a lot already, but the beautifully uplifting truisms (i.e. philosophy) that wakestyle is known for, absolutely formed the basis for the beginnings and still red thread of Eye AM Eye Radio.

I have downloaded a lot more hardstyle and not everything is as great and not everything wakestyle
but

no hurries
no worries

at Eye AM Eye Radio you'll enjoy more of

Rebelion
Sub Zero Project
Sound Rush
Hard Driver
Ghost Stories

& many other wakestyle artists !

and for the techno fans, mainstream techno is not so my thing
but

latinimal

my Newspeech for latin influenced/themed minimal techno

absolutely will be mixed again, check the tags at Patreon for styles of the releases of the past !