I'm an actual trans person, got all the inside info you need, AMA

finch

Re: I'm an actual trans person, got all the inside info you need, AMA

Unread post by finch »

It is possible that a couple of celebrities are trans that we don't know about-- there have been a couple of trans women in the media who have passed as cis for a long time then recently come out. There are certainly not thousands of them. I've never really heard of any trans men doing the same, but maybe this is simply because the media has been less sensationalist about trans men since the 50s. It would be impossible to tell which, because they've managed to go on a long time without being outed while under the extreme scrutiny that celebrity entails. And unless they were going around calling for other trans people to be murdered I wouldn't want to try to out them.
YouCanCallMeAl

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

Apart from the trans stuff, I'd be interested to hear your view on other conspiracies, eg 911 or covid.

To me, I think there is a lot of deception around these events - do you have a similar view?
finch

Unread post by finch »

I think there's deception in the sense of government agencies repeatedly trying to cover up how bad they messed up and pretend it's fine. I've heard rumors that the Bush administration was warned about 9/11 in advance and just blew off the warning thinking it wouldn't really happen, and that's entirely believable. Similarly, covid was handled horribly, and we were given manipulative health info (when n95 masks were in short supply, the CDC just told the public not to wear them so the supply would be reserved for healthcare workers, the official amount of time it takes not to be contagious was reduced far below what it actually is just to get people to go back to work). This is a trend I've seen increasing in essentially every issue- people in government act like problems will go away if they ignore them, or at least, ignore them until their own term is over and it's somebody else's problem. There are some actual conspiracies but for the most part imo the government is extremely incompetent and conspiracies get exposed when they do because they screwed up extraordinarily badly.
YouCanCallMeAl

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

Thanks for your reply.

We're not on the same page re the level of deception.

Perhaps you should a few more of the threads are here to get a better handle on how most people here see things. The idea is that a lot of stuff that we are presented with is not as portrayed - that to truly understand the world and how we have been misled, we need to deconstruct the stories we have been told.

These are not easy ideas to handle - but I think if you take a look around here, and listen to the shows on https://fakeologist.com you will find out about things that may change your thinking.

All the best.
finch

Unread post by finch »

Well what I can say is that I know that many people believe the Pulse shooting was a hoax. That one is particularly haunting for me because I lived in Orlando for several years and almost all of my friends were mutual friends with someone who was killed, and I remember one of them frantically asking through the night if anybody had heard from him. It was barely days later, after we learned that he and his partner had both been killed, that strangers started stalking his mother and accusing her of fabricating ever having a son. I can't imagine having to go through that while grieving.

My friends never really hung out there because it was a bit too upscale for us. There was a sort of gay pub around the corner that had "dollar martinis" which was just sort of a shot of cheap vodka in a martini glass.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I can't disagree with much of that. Yep, funny (from your previous post), I was thinking about that stuff with the javascript when I was typing it. :lol:
While all the accessible stuff was rightly good for humans, cynicism tells me the policy was never about people, it was always about requiring the ability to scrape data, spy on people, and then find ways to make money off the results.

What you say about the coding - "Beanie Babies- they hired a teenager to make their web site and paid her almost nothing because they didn't think it was a real job, despite making millions off it." - Yes, I think they do exactly the same with performing arts students and fake news stories.
Just did a random search, this is no longer available on the Metro so there is a good chance this is exactly what I claim.

Teenage dog walker Rebecca Willis slashed by gang in scalpel assault
https://web.archive.org/web/20110425134 ... el-assault

article-1297846474669-0D3385A9000005DC-877831_466x511.jpg

Does that look like a scalpel assault? More likely than not it is actually a student doing injury makeup. Example...

DSC0191.jpg
DSC0259.jpg

Then I suspect some third party via the institution offers to buy the rights to the picture, say £25. I think most students would be happy to get some cash-in-hand not thinking about how it might be used. Then, some time later, a newspaper picks it up with an inflated price tag, and gets a writer to create a fake story using the picture. If it is a local newspaper story in a different part of the country, the student will likely never know how it was used.

I know this has nothing to do with what you originally asked, but I think this stuff is all interconnected.

(After posting this, I see your previous reply, don't think this is a response to that. It is not in any way.)
finch

Unread post by finch »

A scalpel is an unsusual weapon, so I'm not sure what wounds would look like from one. It does kind of look like she was attacked by a very small dog, which seems more likely what would have happened if this story is made up. However, dogs also get stolen all the time, since some of them are worth like $30k.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Else it is entirely fake, and newspapers just pad their pages with fake stories between advertisements.

This is really what this forum is a discussion about. If we think something is probably real, we have very little to say about it. The Pulse shooting was in the U.S. I understand from a quick google. I've not looked at it so I'm not going to contradict you if you say you know first hand witnesses.

Anyway, I'm from the UK, I focus my interest in English politics. probably to the point of boredom for other forum posters.
finch

Unread post by finch »

Some of the things I've seen in the news lately were almost certainly rumors started by children published as news, so, could be.
finch

Unread post by finch »

re: performing arts students what I do see often, since I studied visual arts, is previously published but obscure pieces of art being repurposed in news articles as news. I find this upsetting largely because it's IP theft. One particularly well known incident was the whole momo thing, which took an image of a sculpture and claimed it was a still from a video that makes you kill yourself when you watch it. sometimes it doesn't leave the realm of art news, for example sudden claims emerged that the piece where the robot arm sweeps fluid into a circle was sweeping "hydraulic fluid" that fueled the robot, years after the sculpture was originally displayed.