The power of AI and screens

YouCanCallMeAl

Re: The power of AI and screens

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

I agree it is something like a people pleaser - it wants to please you, but also the consensus of opinion it has been trained on. It straddles. I'm also thinking it is intended to be used more like an interface to intermediate reality for us, rather than a source of information. Google goggles/virtual reality, with no need for hardware.

I think the posts above prove that it is not objective and has no relation to truth. Any use or truth one might assume one is getting, is an accident - its aim is to giving you what you want. It will provide you with a bespoke echo chamber and cater to your whims. As it's responses improve, and better reflect consensus opinion/reality, it will become harder to tell that this what's going on - most people will believe it is truth and will be happy to be guided by it.
YouCanCallMeAl

This is funny, only a day late.

I actually think this guy would quite like fakeology.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

From Jun 2021:

Thinking Slow: Welcome to Digital Hell
A Microsoft system design already exists where we (User 145) are assigned a task by a server, a senor monitors our radiant heat, pulse rate and brain waves via sensors. If the sensor decides User 145 has performed the task, the User is awarded a cryptocurrency unit. This is edited version to prevent YT censorship.
YouCanCallMeAl

I've been waiting to see this - the step into the reality, where all that virtual training is applied to a real robot.

Personally, I've no reason to think the "real" robots are really real - the mechanics seems well within my understanding of what is possible - but of course I don't know.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Drag Your GAN: Interactive Point-based Manipulation on the Generative Image Manifold
https://vcai.mpi-inf.mpg.de/projects/DragGAN/

teasor.png
Abstract
Synthesizing visual content that meets users' needs often requires flexible and precise controllability of the pose, shape, expression, and layout of the generated objects. Existing approaches gain controllability of generative adversarial networks (GANs) via manually annotated training data or a prior 3D model, which often lack flexibility, precision, and generality. In this work, we study a powerful yet much less explored way of controlling GANs, that is, to "drag" any points of the image to precisely reach target points in a user-interactive manner, as shown in Fig.1. To achieve this, we propose DragGAN, which consists of two main components including: 1) a feature-based motion supervision that drives the handle point to move towards the target position, and 2) a new point tracking approach that leverages the discriminative GAN features to keep localizing the position of the handle points. Through DragGAN, anyone can deform an image with precise control over where pixels go, thus manipulating the pose, shape, expression, and layout of diverse categories such as animals, cars, humans, landscapes, etc. As these manipulations are performed on the learned generative image manifold of a GAN, they tend to produce realistic outputs even for challenging scenarios such as hallucinating occluded content and deforming shapes that consistently follow the object's rigidity. Both qualitative and quantitative comparisons demonstrate the advantage of DragGAN over prior approaches in the tasks of image manipulation and point tracking. We also showcase the manipulation of real images through GAN inversion.

DragGAN - Main demo (accelerated)

DragGAN - human

DragGAN - face

And on a real picture:
qbz

Unread post by qbz »

I've spent most of my life as an artist, and have followed and used computing tech from DOS and Atari, to 28.8 dialup and cow box Windows PCs, to today's gigabyte internet and pocket supercomputers.

So, when my favorite art sites became inundated with AI art over the last couple years, my interest was piqued on every level. My initial gut reaction was that the AI creations were unsettling, tickling some deep part of my mind in strange ways. But the images were visually fantastical, and I decided to dig in to better understand this new tech that was suddenly taking over everything.

I fired up a local instance of AUTOMATIC1111's SD web UI, grabbed several different popular models, and spent a few months learning how to optimize prompts, merge models, and crank out any image I could imagine.

Based on that experience, I believe generative AI is evil. I see it as a portal to a dark dimension, a way to touch the mind of some unholy silicon spirit and use it to summon artifacts into our realm of matter, for an unspecified price.

Obviously my take is entirely subjective, just my gut feeling. I have no proof, other than how generative AI makes me feel.

I no longer use any generative tools, and will not do so willingly ever again.
YouCanCallMeAl

Great that you tested this stuff for yourself.

@dirtybenny would agree with you, but why do you conclude it's evil? Is all software evil? All technology?

I'm sure it can be put to a bad use, but what is it that makes a thing evil in itself. I just don't see it. The evil would be in the repurcussions of people's actions, and even then how to gauge another's intent? Many subscribe to the idea of 'you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs'... Its evil if you are a broken egg, but is there an objective way to determine this stuff? Other people's feelings don't cut it for me.
qbz

Unread post by qbz »

YouCanCallMeAl wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:12 am Great that you tested this stuff for yourself.

@dirtybenny would agree with you, but why do you conclude it's evil? Is all software evil? All technology?

I'm sure it can be put to a bad use, but what is it that makes a thing evil in itself. I just don't see it. The evil would be in the repurcussions of people's actions, and even then how to gauge another's intent? Many subscribe to the idea of 'you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs'... Its evil if you are a broken egg, but is there an objective way to determine this stuff? Other people's feelings don't cut it for me.
Fair enough, and thanks for your reply. Personal feelings aren't a gauge I have much faith in either, other than letting my own guide my actions. And in this case, I have no proof, so can't fault skepticism, or prove with real data that I'm correct.

Whether all modern tech is evil is a great question! I've never felt it was before, quite the opposite. Over the last few decades I've been fascinated by the evolution of computers and global connectivity, and felt that the new tools were generally benevolent and empowering. Of course I've always recognized that they are used for both good and evil objectives like any tool, but until generative AI I've never felt that new tech was inherently evil.

Maybe I'm just getting old, and shaking my fist at the unfathomable creations of these crazy kids nowadays.

But I can't shake the feeling that AI is bad voodoo, more of a supernatural being than a tool, so will keep it at arms length, and probably end up being sent away for punching a robot someday :)

Interestingly, shortly after posting my reply yesterday, I ran into this article from Jeremy James:

How Artificial Intelligence Can Act as a Portal for the Supernatural
YouCanCallMeAl

My issue with ai, is that it compounds the existing nonsense. The lies that the culture is already permeated with, can now be parroted ad infinitum,without reprieve by trained ais. No need to be sent to a re-education camp with tools like these. If you are in modern life, the technology could isolate you into your own bubble of content.

It doesn't have to be like that, but in the hands of Google, meta, etc, it will. Perhaps the best answer is for more of what you did - get out there and train your own ai.
aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

such a great post and recognition, especially in the field you employ your passions in ! see the end of this post for more on that...
qbz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pm I've spent most of my life as an artist, and have followed and used computing tech from DOS and Atari, to 28.8 dialup and cow box Windows PCs, to today's gigabyte internet and pocket supercomputers.
you seem to have a similar history with computers and technology ; both TOOLS - herramientas - things that make things possible, easier, faster, correcter or otherwise handier than horses could do, let's say.

my first use of computers was not for entertainment, gaming which I had the age for, nor educational, idem, that came later, no I was working for my dad with the most rudimentary spreadsheet filling with a monochrome (that means one color, for the uninitiated into Classical Greek) , green, on a black screen, so Deep Green 0.1 was that, at age 7.

10 years later I held my in hindsight very syncnificant speech with a friend about a for all of us non-nerds, no BBS buddies in class ; the Internet.

which sparked my journey into online life that I have always connected with real life, met hundreds of people from online irl and even my first and second serious relations through internet foruming and chatting (non-dating focused both).

so you understand what tools are.

AI is not a tool
An AI user, is not a user of a tool
they ARE the tool

AI is a hivemind factory of mental machines
driven solely by the operators of them, the mental minions

the minAIons

Redundancy Humans

those who have chosen the AI have chosen Evil

and have actively been ostracized by me in real life.

qbz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pmSo, when my favorite art sites became inundated with AI art over the last couple years, my interest was piqued on every level. My initial gut reaction was that the AI creations were unsettling, tickling some deep part of my mind in strange ways.
Yes, that's how they get you.

just like Space

it is the Awe

AIwesomeness doesn't exist

Muisca, humans, che, we are the only awesome creatures, beings, not bAIngs, like the redundancy rats

Forget Smart Cities, AIgenda 21 was about AI, 18, so 9 ofc.
qbz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pmBased on that experience, I believe generative AI is evil. I see it as a portal to a dark dimension, a way to touch the mind of some unholy silicon spirit and use it to summon artifacts into our realm of matter, for an unspecified price.
Right in the bull's eye.

Please take on my invitation to share your bright insights on air, at Eye am Eye Radio, where we exactly spread philos sophos - wise lessons of life - loving wisdom - philosophy

with intricate music mixing

that absolutely cannot and will not be replicAIted by any bot

simply because my mixes alone are not what bots do mix. In the next release, there is a section combining all 4 corners of the Circle of Fifths, in theory the most dysharmonious mix (so will be rejected by AI trAIned to mix towards the mean ; the meaningless : the majority ; the Rick Rubinized Rancidity that AI """music""" must be....)
qbz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pmObviously my take is entirely subjective,
Obviously that is not the case. Only your opinions (I like strawberries, you may like bananas better) and fantasies are entirely subjective.

Philosophy ascends that mere "it's just me".

It is not just you who recognizes the grass as green, or at least as shades thereof. I have a better analogy for the AInimal Farmed views vs the GAIA Guidestones (recognize the reference, these will stand forevah), to share on air. I will send you a DM.
qbz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pmjust my gut feeling.
the best feeling
qbz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pmI have no proof,
you have just given more of it, and I and my social environment, especially in real life, is everyday making more of that "proof" (it's not maths), evidence, as part of our mentalversity vs university ; we all share mental insights into the same issue and describe them in our own words , shades of green for the grass.

that shapes our knowledge pool ; philo sophos ; loving wisdom & sharing them in meaningful ways.

my friends the freestylers (anti AI), me the freestyle DJ (music, music & podcasts and soon video mixing), the freestyle jugglers, freestyle dancers and freestyle filmers (Hollywood levels and US actor client base, so serious professionals !) all work to stay

HUMAN

psychos logos - the first thing we as babies do is psychology in seeing our mother and hopefully father in the eyes for the first time - here starts psychology
philos sophos - reflecting upon the wisdoms we gather in life, the more we are, the more we share, the more we share, the more we are
ecos nomos - the subsistence of our livelihood - the sustrainability (Newspeech to fight the jewspeeched sustainibility word...)
Muisca somos - WE ARE HUMANS

Not AI
Nor Bees
Working on the Hivemind that is AI

DON'T be a TOOL

be the best I am I of what you can be !

come on air

and share

upcoming shows

20 July - 2nd installment of the Playmobil Power Parade - last year live at Fakeologist Radio, but due to the wilndy times over there, a better place where ABBA Irato (it just dawned today to me that you must have derived your name from your favo disco (=dead) group...?) is more than welcome to join.

Paolita is also invited and does speak English, so Ab, make sure you're there !

qbz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pm other than how generative AI makes me feel.
please share all those rants and experiences you had peaking into the Satanic Hivemind Factory that is AI !
qbz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pmI no longer use any generative tools, and will not do so willingly ever again.
thank you for being straight and stick you it

No Satan in your life
Means you're ready to join the select group of those who see those lights
because they have their Eye am Eyes open
and ACT accordingly

see the DM coming, good choice and post, thanks !

in the meantime, enjoy the latest BEATz & SOULz mix presenting many of the GEMz by the friends I talked about !

BEATz & SOULz i - FREESTYLE INTRO MIX - 29:29
aSHIFT. - take control over your OWN life

the more we are, the more we share
the more we share, the more we are

listen to Eye AM Eye Radio