The power of AI and screens

YouCanCallMeAl

Re: The power of AI and screens

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

The first flashing disappearance is the most interesting one, I think, as both players are involved, but one is completely edited out for a sec.

Just a normal football event....
footy1.png
Now he's completely disappeared!
footy2.png
... aaand now he's back!
footy3.png
You have to say, its great real time editing!
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

From the comments, guessing it's the yellow:
quickestred
4 days ago
-
IIRC the ad panels are a sort of green screen and different ads are shown based on country/region

Ragnarok_CH
4 days ago
-
The theory is more or less correct. But these are virtual overlays placed on the TV feed and then it shows a targeted ad depending on the region the game is being broadcasted to. There's no green screen trickery going on though. People in the stadium can still see the ads on the led boards.

Pro tip: you can always tell if it's a virtual overlay or not if you pay attention to the led boards around the goal net. There's always some sort of artifacts/glitches

Air-tun-91
4 days ago
-
They just introduced this shit in hockey this year and everyone hates it. Players are regularly losing limbs, heads, torsos.

Daniekhk90
4 days ago
-
Ahh they have alot of virtual ads in F1, makes sense
dirtybenny

Unread post by dirtybenny »

@nickw

I very much appreciate Dane Calloway's work on deconstructing the African Slave trade narrative. I remember watching the ABC Roots tv series as an adolescent. Even the trailer is traumatic to watch NOW, 50 years later.

nickw

Unread post by nickw »

dirtybenny wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:02 pm @nickw

I very much appreciate Dane Calloway's work on deconstructing the African Slave trade narrative. I remember watching the ABC Roots tv series as an adolescent. Even the trailer is traumatic to watch NOW, 50 years later.

I managed to avoid most of that series. It was trauma based mind **** for the masses. And very widely disseminated at the time in the UK.
nickw

Unread post by nickw »

How do we coordinate research for our common aim on this/these platforms?
I see a group with different abilities/skills who work together - just wishful thinking? Don't have much time to waste unproductively anymore

Here's hoping haha
dirtybenny

Unread post by dirtybenny »

nickw wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:56 am How do we coordinate research for our common aim on this/these platforms?
I see a group with different abilities/skills who work together - just wishful thinking? Don't have much time to waste unproductively anymore

Here's hoping haha
@nickw from my perspective, that is exactly what we are doing. Each of us pursues their path of research and puts forth thoughts to share in these forums. I find everyone who contributes here to be extremely valuable. Trying to homogenize us would be counterproductive in my view.
nickw

Unread post by nickw »

"Homogenization or homogenisation is any of several processes used to make a mixture of two mutually non-soluble liquids the same throughout. This is achieved by turning one of the liquids into a state consisting of extremely small particles distributed uniformly throughout the other liquid. "

I dont see that as my aim. I see an overall picture, with many smaller facets, apparently isolated from a lower level which are actually connected from the higher viewpoint. From the basement level the higher floors are invisible.

The problem is energy issues wasted before the 'big picture' is seen.
nickw

Unread post by nickw »

Communitarianism is a theory that emphasises the moral supremacy of the common good: the good of the community as a whole.

A communitarian, thus, is someone who considers the community to be of central importance.
The rationale for this is the individual is a social being and can only flourish in the community.

i) The individual is naturally a social being who is embedded in the community. This view is referred to as the inseparability thesis.

ii) The community is morally superior to the individual. In other words, common good (social responsibilities) is preferable to individual rights. This is what is meant by the primacy thesis.

iii) Individual rights are superfluous in any community that is regulated by shared values, mutual understanding and love.

As far as the inseparability thesis is concerned, according to Plato,human beings’ social nature is necessitated by economic needs.
No individual is self-sufficient (The Republic 369b).
The individual’s social nature is designed by nature itself.
The individual is naturally a dependent being.
No individual is created to be able to provide for himself or herself, all his or her needs.
Therefore, the natural inability of the individual to personally meet all his or her economic needs, without external support, compels him or her to seek the fellowship of others.

Inherent in the inseparability thesis is also the issue of the identity of the individual. 'Radical' communitarians deny even the liberal notion
of the “unencumbered self”, since the self is always defined by the community.
McIntyre (1987, 1988) says that the individual’s life is understood only by looking at his or her actions within a story, a “narrative”.

From experience, we realise that one’s narrative converges with the narratives of other people, who then become part of one’s own narrative.

An understanding of one’s self can be attained only in the context of the community that sets up the form and shape and circumstances with the background of these narratives.
nickw

Unread post by nickw »

https://fakeotube.com/video/5629/cindy- ... akeologist

It's upsetting to come to terms with the way centralised control is creeping up all around us, under the narrative of a 'caring community'
nickw

Unread post by nickw »

Look at the tree rather than the forest: It's like Birnam Wood coming to Macbeth in Dunsinane... for those of a literary bent
It's all cleverly orchestrated by very cunning devious people, out to de-story our lives into their narrative: Not ours but theirs will rule over us.

https://www.thoughtco.com/communitarian ... es-5070063

They're all implementing the SDG's, every one: All those 190+ world govts are on board with getting it all into place, before we even notice it lol