The power of AI and screens

YouCanCallMeAl

The power of AI and screens

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

I'm creating this topic so that I/we have somewhere to dump interesting ai (artificial intelligence) stuff I bump into.

It's getting pretty crazy what is possible to do with AI now.

First, I want to link to Zuckerberg's sale pitch to the metaverse:

It's not properly AI, but it sets out a leading corporation's market/goal for the future presentation of "reality".

Next, here's a video of an artist's exploration of history, generated by a sequence of key phrases that are turned into imagery by the AI. Look at the video in this tweet:

If you thought history was already false... We are going to be so swamped with compelling, false visuals it's no joke! AI will be able to generate more info in support of a false narrative in seconds than was held in the (mythical) library of Alexandria.. Gah!

Next I want to share:

This girl is using ai to edit video of herself, to show her wearing different clothes. The execution isn't perfect for sure, but the idea is captivating. How many people would like to stream visuals of themselves, where they alter the presented image of themselves.

I've long said that you can't trust anything on screens - plainly this is going to be true for a little while longer!
dirtybenny

Re: The power of AI and screens

Unread post by dirtybenny »

Hey Al

thanks for posting this...

this is the real crux behind the CV-AI smokescreen...and the push has been on for decades to drive manKIND into the screens. I maintain that this is demonic and not of human origin.

viewtopic.php?p=1180&hilit=dating#p1180
YouCanCallMeAl

Here's another nice recap video of the state of play

DB, thanks for your link. I absolutely agree that we being are driven towards a virtual existence. The virtual-physical scale is a new framework, where we will each have to our position. I am swimming upstream in trying to find greater physicality in my existence.

From a fakeologist perspective, we already have reality intermediated for us via the provided frameworks we have been given and accepted - eg law, education, religion, etc. But these are a conceptual overlay ie they are ways we have been taught to see the world. How much more powerful would it be to change the visual and aural presentation for someone/everyone via simple instructions to a computer?

With everyone receiving their information via screens (or special augmented reality eyeware) AND the opportunity and ability of corporations or whoever to edit that information, the very sensory information we receive can be managed. This is new! And when you think that with enough computing power, each person can be given their own tailored data feed.

So trying to make this into a tangible example, something can evaluate you psychologically and determine your strengths and weaknesses. It can then apply templates to generate a narrative arc for your life. It can then provide the imagery for that narrative to you via your personal devices and those in schools, work, public spaces, etc. So, if you believe we have gone to Mars, you can get news on that, whereas if you are a conspiracy theorist you can be kept updated on your interests, or if you are religious you can experience that stuff, etc. I don't think such a system will be perfect, but even if you try not to accept what you are shown, it seems fair to say that you will struggle to get to a point where you can work out what reality really is - sensory data will be being intercepted - you really won't be able to trust your lying eyes.

Can an AI do all that? Well, it's now within the realms of being technically feasible. And let's not forget, it only has to manage the presentation, not the reality. This is akin to a bespoke television per person.

It's such a compelling idea that I have to wonder whether this is already the reality we experience. Are we really 'brains in a jar' and being fed or experiences via an ancient AI (or god even). It's the ai we are creating a poor imitation of that.

Anyway, this all highly interesting to fakeologists attempting to deconstruct the presentation. And it seems a good point to mention what I think is essential fakeology viewing: 'generation P':

rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Random Face Generator (This Person Does Not Exist)
https://this-person-does-not-exist.com/en

YouCanCallMeAl

In that first video is a few years old, and the tech itself is even older.

Re the second, it is a good example of how ai does really well in transitioning from one image to the next.

Something else - you may have seen videos where people are pointing out snake eyes or demon features. To me those are mostly compression artifacts. However, I don't dismiss the possibility that there is some sort of post processing step and certain characteristics are added to video. This would be undertaken in the same vein as subliminals were in the past - perhaps there is some value to present visuals this way. Eg it increases fear, or respect, via promoting an idea of the person being presented as a predator? Are there other subliminal effects also in play apart from 'snake eyes', eg to promote beauty, and if so, would we even notice them?
dirtybenny

Unread post by dirtybenny »

https://www.soulmachines.com/

As usual, notice the need to " give consent to use my camera and mic "

It is always about consent in this realm...explicit, implicit, or tacit. I suspect it will be so in the afterlife challenge as well.
YouCanCallMeAl

Hmm, 'AIs as people' look kind of crap in a way.. at least, they aren't compelling to me. But then, do we really know how lifelike AIs pretending to be humans really are?

Sticking to the knowns, I don't think I/we have properly identified the scope of the threat. I think I can discern some strengths to this system.

Scale - as it is computer based, it will be possible to scale drastically - huge levels of content will be possible to create, given enough processing power.

Narrative support/increased mediation of 'evidence' - AI seems most compelling to me as visuals on screens, perhaps augmenting real graphics, or merging narrative elements into real visuals.

Iterative improvements - like all software, each iteration should mean the software is more realistic, easier to use, with greater features.

You can see why TPTB love the idea of this - it cuts so many people out of the equation, doesn't answer back, etc. In addition to this, if they are able to model reality well, and are able to play various narrative scenarios into a world model, they will be able to apply those narratives that are most likely to work.

In fact, this is what I suspect is already going on. That they have models of the world, run narratives on the models to check what's going to work. It may even be possible for them to do things like create a bed event in a model, eg an explosion - and place AIs in the scenario to create news stories of the event and perhaps even video footage. They could then place those bits of news into the real world.

Who would ever know? Most would go along with it.. Could they even have done something like this already, with covid perhaps or some other event? I think so. And if they haven't, I think they would like to!
YouCanCallMeAl

rachel

Unread post by rachel »

This one from another thread...
rachel wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:55 pm Yep, properly scary the level of reality...

The world’s most open and advanced real-time 3D creation tool
Digital humans that will stand up to close‑ups

• Do you need digital stand-ins for your virtual production? We've been working with companies like Cubic Motion and 3Lateral to create high-quality digital humans for years. The result is MetaHuman Creator, a new tool that helps you make them in minutes.

YouCanCallMeAl

That is impressive face generation, cheers