Duran Duran: Planet Earth (1981)

NASA lies - does that mean all things ball earth are up for debate?
Cognitive Dissident

Re: Duran Duran: Planet Earth (1981)

Unread post by Cognitive Dissident »

Cognitive Dissident

A pub in Nimbin, eastern Australia, near to Byron Bay. I have been there.

I lost at pool.

One police station; and only two cops. :D
Cognitive Dissident

Cognitive Dissident

So, okay. If we are going full Luther Van Driver:

;)
nickw

Unread post by nickw »

Genius at work in 1966. Brian Wilson with the Wrecking Crew.

Behind the scenes. The rest of Beachboys were away touring ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sounds

"Pet Sounds is sometimes considered a Brian Wilson solo album,[174][175][176] including by Wilson himself, who later referred to it as his "first solo album" and "a chance to step outside the group and shine".[177] With the exception of Mike Love, who had been previewed tracks over the phone by Wilson, the other members were not consulted on any aspect of the record.[178][nb 32] When they returned to the studio on February 9,[179] they were presented with a substantial portion of the album, with music that was in many ways a jarring departure from their earlier style.[180] "

There's a link to explore between the media and what is alleged to have been going on behind the scenes, esp in UK and USA in 60's :
Dave McGowan book discussed here:

Winterwatch mentions wider (connected but) side issues, like classical music at turn of 19/20thC -there are a few interesting comments afterwards ...
dirtybenny

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues

Unread post by dirtybenny »

Let's dance
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues
Let's dance
To the song they're playin' on the radio

Davey Jones wears another mask. This bizarre video is perhaps another allegory. Jones playing guitar with gloves on. Enticing the native peoples with their illusion of so-called civilization...the red shoes. And once you put on the red shoes, you will dance the blues.

The term Blues may have come from "blue devils", meaning melancholy and sadness; an early use of the term in this sense is in George Colman's one-act farce Blue Devils (1798).[5] The phrase blue devils may also have been derived from a British usage of the 1600s referring to the "intense visual hallucinations that can accompany severe alcohol withdrawal"

In lyrics the phrase is often used to describe a depressed mood.[9]

In 1827, it was in the sense of a sad state of mind that John James Audubon wrote to his wife that he "had the blues".

I came across this photo of an early jukebox...interesting that it is decorated with images of Pan.
00707_4OFbHb4SvCyz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
PANdemic, PANic, PANsexual,

Pan luring the masses with this MUSE-ick.

and don't forget, Declan's the Angels wanna wear my red shoes.

… Oh, I used to be disgusted
And now I try to be amused
But since their wings have got rusted
You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes
But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain
That's when I knew that I could not refuse

And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes

Kate Bush wears the red shoes as well

Oh the minute I put them on
I knew, I had done somethin' wrong

All her gifts for the dance had gone
It's the red shoes, they can't stop dancin', dancin'

She gotta dance, she gotta dance
And she can't stop 'til them shoes come off
These shoes do, a kind of voodoo
They're gonna make her dance 'til her legs fall off

She gotta dance, she gotta dance (yeah)
And she can't stop 'til them shoes come off
These shoes do, a kind of voodoo (yeah)
They're gonna make her dance 'til her legs fall off
Call a doctor, call a priest
They're gonna whip her up like a helicopter
541lQhR.jpeg
As most of these fairy tales are, this one is macabre and horrific. Were these meant for children? I don't think so.

"The Red Shoes" (Danish: De røde sko) is a literary fairy tale by Danish poet and author Hans Christian Andersen first published by C.A. Reitzel in Copenhagen 7 April 1845 in New Fairy Tales. First Volume. Third Collection

A peasant girl named Karen is adopted while still very young, by a rich old lady after her mother's death and, as such, grows up vain and spoiled. Before her adoption, Karen had a roughly-made pair of red shoes; after, she has her adoptive mother buy her a pair of red shoes fit for a princess. Karen is so enamoured of her new shoes that she wears them to church, but the old lady tells her, "This is highly improper: you must only wear black shoes in church". But the following Sunday, Karen is unable to resist putting the red shoes on again. As she is about to enter the church, she meets a mysterious old soldier with a red beard. "Oh, what beautiful shoes for dancing," the soldier says. "Never come off when you dance," he tells the shoes, and he taps each of the shoes with his hand. After church, Karen cannot resist taking a few dance steps, and off she goes, as though the shoes controlled her, but she finally manages to stop them after a few minutes.

After her adoptive mother becomes ill and passes away, Karen doesn't attend her funeral, choosing to go to a dance instead. Once again her shoes take control and this time she is unable to stop dancing. An angel appears to her, bearing a sword, and condemns her to dance even after she dies, as a warning to vain children everywhere. Karen begs for mercy but the red shoes take her away before she hears the angel's reply.

Karen finds an executioner and asks him to chop off her feet. He does so but the shoes continue to dance, even with Karen's amputated feet inside them. The executioner gives her a pair of wooden feet and crutches. Thinking that she has suffered enough for the red shoes, Karen decides to go to church so people can see her. Yet her amputated feet, still in the red shoes, dance before her, barring the way. The following Sunday she tries again, thinking she is at least as good as the others in church, but again the dancing red shoes bar the way.

When Sunday comes again Karen dares not go to church. Instead she sits alone at home and prays to God for help. The angel reappears, now bearing a spray of roses, and gives Karen the mercy she asked for: her heart becomes so filled with peace and joy that it bursts. Her soul flies on to Heaven, where no one mentions the red shoes.

Attachments
MMbOWbY.jpeg
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

From the 1948 film of the same name

It's interesting when she puts them on, her partner backs out and away from her, and she enters a circus scene. Then it proceeds to look like the underworld.
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

That was wonderful ,cheers
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

nickw

Unread post by nickw »