2015 Charlie Hebdo attack
|Charlie Hebdo attack|
|Official name||Charlie Hebdo shooting|
|Story Perpetrator/s||Chérif Kouachi, Saïd Kouachi|
On 7 January 2015 at about 11:30 local time, two brothers, Saïd and Chérif Kouachi, forced their way into the offices of the French satirical weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris. Armed with rifles and other weapons, they killed 12 people and injured 11 others. The gunmen identified themselves as belonging to the Islamist terrorist group Al-Qaeda's branch in Yemen, which took responsibility for the attack. Several related attacks followed in the Île-de-France region on 7–9 January 2015, including the Hypercacher kosher supermarket siege where a terrorist held 19 hostages, of whom he murdered 4 Jews.
France raised its Vigipirate terror alert and deployed soldiers in Île-de-France and Picardy. A major manhunt led to the discovery of the suspects, who exchanged fire with police. The brothers took hostages at a signage company in Dammartin-en-Goële on 9 January and were shot dead when they emerged from the building firing.
On 11 January, about two million people, including more than 40 world leaders, met in Paris for a rally of national unity, and 3.7 million people joined demonstrations across France. The phrase Je suis Charlie became a common slogan of support at the rallies and in social media. The staff of Charlie Hebdo continued with the publication, and the following issue print ran 7.95 million copies in six languages, compared to its typical print run of 60,000 in only French.
- Cluesforum: Paris - "Charlie Hebdo shooting" 07/01/2015: LAST cartoon made by the Chief Editor of CHARLIE HEBDO ( "Charb" - aka Stéphane Charbonnier[CF 2]
- Panamza le 11 janvier 2015: Pourquoi le gouvernement avait-il retiré une voiture de police stationnée devant Charlie Hebdo? 
- Mirror: Charlie Hebdo Paris shooting: Three prime suspects 'identified after one leaves ID card in abandoned getaway car' [MSM 1]
- Telegraph: Paris shooting at Charlie Hebdo office: how terrorist attack unfolded[MSM 2]
- Frédéric Boisseau, 42, building maintenance worker for Sodexo, killed in the lobby as he sat at the reception desk, first victim of the shooting.
- Franck Brinsolaro, 49, police officer assigned as a bodyguard for Charb.
- Jean Cabut - Cabu, 76, cartoonist.
- Elsa Cayat, 54, psychoanalyst and columnist.
- Stéphane Charbonnier - Charb, 47, cartoonist, columnist, and director of publication of Charlie Hebdo.
- Philippe Honoré, 73, cartoonist.
- Bernard Maris, 68, economist, editor, and columnist.
- Ahmed Merabet, 42, police officer, shot in the head as he lay wounded on the ground outside.
- Mustapha Ourrad, 60, copy editor.
- Michel Renaud, 69, a travel writer and festival organiser visiting Cabu.
- Tignous (Bernard Verlhac), 57, cartoonist.
- Georges Wolinski, 80, cartoonist.
- Philippe Lançon, journalist—shot in the face and left in a critical condition, but recovered. https://blogs.princeton.edu/plas/2015/01/philippe-lancon-plas-visting-fellow-for-ay15-injured-in-the-paris-terrorist-attack/
- Fabrice Nicolino, 59, journalist—shot in the leg.
- Laurent Sourisseau, 48, cartoonist and editorial director—shot in the shoulder. http://www.letelegramme.fr/bretagne/attentat-contre-charlie-hebdo-temoignage-de-l-oncle-de-riss-directeur-de-la-redaction-charlie-hebdo-08-01-2015-10485207.php?xtor=RSS-22%7Ctitle=Attentat
- Unidentified police officers. http://www.lepoint.fr/societe/en-direct-attentat-de-charlie-hebdo-le-raid-pret-a-donner-l-assaut-a-reims-08-01-2015-1894813_23.php
- Main List of psyOps
- Death of Celebrity Person
- Space fakery
- Nuke Hoax
- Plane crashes
- Various events
- Cluesforum: Paris - "Charlie Hebdo shooting" 07/01/2015
- CluesForum: Paris - "Charlie Hebdo shooting" 07/01/2015: LAST cartoon made by the Chief Editor of CHARLIE HEBDO ( "Charb" - aka Stéphane Charbonnier<ref name=CluesChH59
- CluesForum: Paris - "Charlie Hebdo shooting" 07/01/2015: The AK47 head shot, using blanks