2013 Volgograd bombings
|2013 Volgograd bombings|
|Suicide bombing in Volgograd station|
|Volgograd Trolleybus bombing|
|Official name||2013 Volgograd bombings|
|Story Perps/s||Caucasus Emirate|
This psyop consists of two parts that were conducted on the 29th and 30th of December 2013 in Volgograd, Russia.
On 29 December 2013, a suicide bombing took place at the Volgograd-1 station in the city of Volgograd, in the Volgograd Oblast of Southern Russia. It killed 18 people and injured at least 44, 38 of whom were hospitalized. The attack occurred around 12:45 Moscow Time, close to metal detectors near the entrance of the station. The bomb contained the equivalent of 10 kilograms (22 lb) of TNT. Footage of the explosion was captured by two CCTV cameras inside the station and one outside.
The attack was initially thought to have been carried out by a female suicide bomber, sometimes known in Russian as a shahidka ("Black Widow"). Authorities identified the perpetrator as Oksana Aslanova. However, there was later uncertainty as to the identity of the bomber, with some news agencies stating the perpetrator was male. Some sources reported that the last name of the perpetrator was Pavlov. On 30 December it was reported that the perpetrator was an ethnic Russian convert to Islam from the city of Volzhsk, in the Mari El Republic, by the name of Pavel Pechenkin, who changed his name to Ar-Rusi after conversion to Islam. He was born to an ethnic Russian father, Nikolai, and a Muslim mother, Fanaziya, who both appealed to their son to abstain from violence and attempted to find him in Dagestan. On 7 January some newspapers reported that Pechenkin was cleared from the accusation of being involved with the bombing.
Increasing the confusion, some newspapers mistakenly reported Pechenkin as responsible for the 30 December Volgograd explosion (in the trolleybus). Experts suspect that Doku Umarov, an Islamist militant who has called for suicide terror attacks and has a history of supporting past attacks, was behind the attacks in Volgograd. Members of Vilayat Dagestan, part of Umarov's Caucasus Emirate took credit for the attack on 19 January.
Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the most seriously injured to be flown to Moscow for specialist treatment.
A second suicide attack took place on the morning of 30 December at about 8:30 Moscow Time in the Dzerzhinsky district in Volgograd. The bombing targeted a No. 1233 trolleybus of route 15A, which connects a suburb to Volgograd's downtown area, as it was passing one of the city's markets. From eyewitness photographs, it appears that the explosion took place in the back of the trolleybus. The attack killed 16 people and injured 41, 27 of whom were hospitalized. Remains of the male bomber were located and sent for genetic testing.
- CCTV footage of Volgograd train station suicide explosion http://www.euronews.com/2013/12/30/cctv-footage-of-volgograd-train-station-suicide-explosion
- Female suicide bomber attack in Volgograd, Russia, as Sochi Winter Olympics approach https://www.smh.com.au/world/female-suicide-bomber-attack-in-volgograd-russia-as-sochi-winter-olympics-approach-20131229-hv749.html
- Suicide bomber kills at least 16 at Russian train station https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-blast/suicide-bomber-kills-at-least-16-at-russian-train-station-idUSBRE9BS02S20131229
- Official: Suicide bomber kills 16 at Russian train station https://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/29/world/europe/russia-train-station-explosion/index.html
- Volgograd blasts: Second suicide bomb hits Russia city https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25546477
- US Slams Volgograd Terror Attacks, Offers Sochi Help https://sputniknews.com/news/20131230186096308-US-Slams-Volgograd-Terror-Attacks-Offers-Sochi-Help/
34 people were allegedly killed. We could not find the names of the alleged victims online.
- Main List of psyOps
- Death of Celebrity Person
- Space fakery
- Nuke Hoax
- Plane crashes
- Various events